IGNORED

Bears in Winslow Twp!!??!!

Welp, that does it!! I warned you Taylor Hammers... but did you listen? NOOOOOOOO.. you just had to send these things down here, didn't you? Well, be forewarned -- packages are on there way as we speak... "Acme Chiggers"...  just for you! :catfight:

Remember that story I mentioned in that other bear thread about how a few years ago my friend's SUV had those "possible" bear paw prints on them? That happened really close to Winslow Twp... and now, just today, this alert went out from the Winslow PD :eek::

https://local.nixle.com/alert/8049440/?sub_id=0

Bear sightings within Winslow Township.

Due to two separate bear sightings on Cooper Terrace and Union Road, here are the NJ Division Fish and Wildlife suggestions if one should encounter a bear. Please do not, I repeat, DO NOT attempt to take selfies with the bear and follow these helpful tips. ...

Article: https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/2020/06/10/winslow-police-bear-sighting-union-road-cooper-terrace-safety-tips/5335553002/

Edited by mazzgolf
added link to news article

15 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Welp, that does it!! I warned you Taylor Hammers... but did you listen? NOOOOOOOO.. you just had to send these things down here, didn't you? Well, be forewarned -- packages are on there way as we speak... "Acme Chiggers"...  just for you! :catfight:

Remember that story I mentioned in that other bear thread about how a few years ago my friend's SUV had those "possible" bear paw prints on them? That happened really close to Winslow Twp... and now, just today, this alert went out from the Winslow PD :eek::

https://local.nixle.com/alert/8049440/?sub_id=0

Article: https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/2020/06/10/winslow-police-bear-sighting-union-road-cooper-terrace-safety-tips/5335553002/

Just wear a set of car/house keys around your neck. This way if the bear sinks his teeth in you and swings you like a rag doll the keys will clash together and surely scare him away. Of course hopefully he remembers to drop you from his jaws before he starts to run away. 

about 10 years ago I was moving my car to the parking lot across from my apartment because in pitman you can't park on the street overnight. I swear I saw a bear run right across the field in front of me. But I had a few cocktails prior to that so I didn't announce it lol. But I've believed they were in South jersey ever since. It was inevitable 

We got a lot of our bears  from other parts of the state that didn't want them.  It's about time you're sharing the burden.  I'll give it another 15 years before they are in your garbage every night, coming in the house through the windows, crossing the school yards during recess, ripping down feeders, holding you hostage in your stand over your bait pile, tracking you through the woods, eating the gut piles before you get out of sight, and swimming in your pool.

early  2000's we had several bear in parts of Atlantic , Cumberland and cape may counties. unfortunately they disappeared a CO told me the word was hunters killed them so they wouldn't populate the area...one such PIA stole my dogs bag of biscuits and knocked over his barrel with his food...

8 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

As soon as they find the blueberry and cranberry bogs... 

Schwack.  Lol  farmers ain't gonna have a bear destroying his stuff and chasing his seasonal help. 

And the sightings were close to the bogs, too. Looks like they are homing in on Hammonton... :D