IGNORED

OFFICIAL Quarantine Eats and Drinks Thread

Hunter115522

So two months ago I bought and butchered a pig. I have some great cuts, including ham, shoulder, pork belly, ham hocks lard and porkchops. Yes porkchops, my least favorite pork and maybe becasue I don;t know how to cook it. I have the loin/porkchops frozen in small 3 to r chop roast and I tried roaating it slow like a shoulder and it came out tough and dry. Any advise would be appreciated. ( what do I do? High heat? low heat? Maybe cut them to individual chops and it will be better? How do you cook pork loin or chops so they are not dry>)
meanwhile I decided to make corned pork, hoping this will help. The meat marinated for seven days and just went in the oven at 250, I am thinking 2 to 2.5 hrs. Never made corned pork so I will let you know how it comes out. Fingers crossed

D8B3B4F0-4E5C-449C-82BE-D23FE08F4865.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic

Lunatic;

I’ve been raising and butchering pigs for about 6 years now. If you take individual chops and stuff them with cheese and spinach or anything else appetizing they come out great. 375ish heat. A quick google search will give you many recipes. If you cut the loin off the bone and cook it in some liquid. Chicken broth, beer, apple cider, root beer anything a little sweet adds a nice flavor. Crock pot low and slow or smoker and put it in a foil boat with liquids and cover with foil. * all of this advice is assuming you have the cut i am picturing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took advantage of the afternoon sunshine, fired up the Weber kettle and did a small, smoked meat sampler board. Hickory smoked backstrap, deer sausage and chicken thighs. 

20200324_145000.thumb.jpg.a970e7d5c2f24c32360fca9fc6ee6178.jpg

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

6 hours ago, Farmshine said:

Lunatic;

I’ve been raising and butchering pigs for about 6 years now. If you take individual chops and stuff them with cheese and spinach or anything else appetizing they come out great. 375ish heat. A quick google search will give you many recipes. If you cut the loin off the bone and cook it in some liquid. Chicken broth, beer, apple cider, root beer anything a little sweet adds a nice flavor. Crock pot low and slow or smoker and put it in a foil boat with liquids and cover with foil. * all of this advice is assuming you have the cut i am picturing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

20 hours ago, Lunatic said:

So two months ago I bought and butchered a pig. I have some great cuts, including ham, shoulder, pork belly, ham hocks lard and porkchops. Yes porkchops, my least favorite pork and maybe becasue I don;t know how to cook it. I have the loin/porkchops frozen in small 3 to r chop roast and I tried roaating it slow like a shoulder and it came out tough and dry. Any advise would be appreciated. ( what do I do? High heat? low heat? Maybe cut them to individual chops and it will be better? How do you cook pork loin or chops so they are not dry>)
meanwhile I decided to make corned pork, hoping this will help. The meat marinated for seven days and just went in the oven at 250, I am thinking 2 to 2.5 hrs. Never made corned pork so I will let you know how it comes out. Fingers crossed

D8B3B4F0-4E5C-449C-82BE-D23FE08F4865.jpeg

So the corned pork loin was a big hit. tender moist and delish!!! I am putting another loin in tomorrow!!!!!

258B18C8-7E31-4615-BFC9-3DEF2659FAE3.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic