IGNORED

Tell me about this shot

Daniel23

Just shot a nice buck at 15 yards courting toward me a little. The buck ran pass a creek up a hill and with the tail up, which is not a good sign. The arrow had blood on it with white hairs and i tracked it for about 60yds but just small drops. Coming back with the dog guy tmw. What u guys think of this shot? Can it be fatal? Or do u think it was just a flesh wound? Has anyone ever had this type of blood trail? 

Quartering to is a bad shot. White hair,,,,you prob gave him a flesh wound on his belly. I had the same scenario a few years ago,,,,,dog owner believed it was a non fatal hit. Either way,,,,,give it you best. If he's dead, the dog will find him. Good luck. Learn from every shot,,,,like JhBowhunter says

good luck in the am with the dog...if the hairs are very long and white...I'd not be feeling too good myself...but do your due diligence as a hunter...have had a few I thought were bad hits and found them quite quickly!

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

Frontal shot you probably know is no good. Always best to wait - I know that is tough to do sometimes.

White hair not necessarily belly shot only. Two yrs ago from tree I made a broadside shot. Found arrow right where expected in ground but a pile of white hair. Started cursing that I hit low. But it was heart shot lower than my aim.  

Some deer have white hair higher too like piebald.