IGNORED

Cape Cod tuna Week 1....EPIC

nmc02

32 minutes ago, Farmshine said:

Congrats nick! Looks like an awesome trip! We got cancelled twice Bc of weather the end of August. Doesn’t look like I’m going this year. And I will second it’s not for the faint of heart, especially with just a belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used a belt & harness on many of these fish. When you use harness, you are able to land fish solo. I landed a 76 inch fish in 37 minutes using a harness (approx 250 lb). The smaller fish used just a belt. Longest fight was approx 45 min. w belt/harness....my buddy fought solo. 80 plus inch fish

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Hardcore!

I've been offered to go Tuna fishing off the Jersey Coast and refused. I won't go anywhere overnight on a boat unless it's AWFUL BIG!

Go on one the the 90mph center consoles that some of these guys are running. They’ll probably start running 1/2 day trips soon.

4 hours ago, archer36 said:

Hardcore!

I've been offered to go Tuna fishing off the Jersey Coast and refused. I won't go anywhere overnight on a boat unless it's AWFUL BIG!

That is the beauty of Cape cod....all big tuna, no overnight trips. We were within 3 miles of shore.

1 hour ago, LPJR said:

Glad you destroyed them Nick! Well done.

Think about getting a HD camera you can wear for next trip. These catches would be great to show your kids on the big screen.....:up:

My buddy got a lot of footage on his go pro