IGNORED

I Got A Call From My Wife Today....(banking)

I got a call from my wife this afternoon and this is how it went down. (she is in Pittsburg)

Wife....Did you do any banking today?

Me.......No.

Wife....Are you sure?

Me.......Yes.

Wife......Call you back......click

So after waiting a hour and a half she finally called me back. Apparently some slime ball in Florida went into a TD bank and took 6,800.00 out of our savings account and then deposited 5,400.00 of it into our checking account minutes later which is pretty strange. 

The thing that made my wife check our account today and catch this theft was, she received a email survey from TD bank asking how  her visit was on 8/3. 

No wonder why people buried their money in coffee cans out back.:banghead:

4 minutes ago, rocky said:

I got a call from my wife this afternoon and this is how it went down. (she is in Pittsburg)

Wife....Did you do any banking today?

Me.......No.

Wife....Are you sure?

Me.......Yes.

Wife......Call you back......click

So after waiting a hour and a half she finally called me back. Apparently some slime ball in Florida went into a TD bank and took 6,800.00 out of our savings account and then deposited 5,400.00 of it into our checking account minutes later which is pretty strange. 

The thing that made my wife check our account today and catch this theft was, she received a email survey from TD bank asking how  her visit was on 8/3. 

No wonder why people buried their money in coffee cans out back.:banghead:

This has happened to me twice in the past 10 days. Some scumbags took $1,995 out of my 9 month olds savings account. And last Thursday some scumbags took $3,550 from our savings account. Thankfully my wife looks at the accounts daily and noticed it right away. Chase refunded the money but told us that all of our accounts are compromised. I’ve been opening/closing accounts all day to prevent it from happening again. 

12 minutes ago, rocky said:

some slime ball in Florida went into a TD bank and took 6,800.00 out of our savings account and then deposited 5,400.00 of it into our checking account minutes later which is pretty strange. 

I wonder if their information is similar to yours and the bank teller made an error.

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Horrible Rocky. Is the bank going to cover your loss?

As far as I know they are going to.

The thing that amazes me is the fraud rep from the bank told my wife we have to make a police report if we want to try and prosecute the criminal if and when caught. The thief actually went to the bank and had a conversation with the teller so there is video. We know this because the teller remembers the transaction when the fraud officer asked them about it.

My mom had a business and Someone in Carolinas took out $48k in a couple of years. By the time she realized it the bank told her too late. If you catch it within a year or two, I don’t remember, the bank is responsible to put the money back 

11 minutes ago, rocky said:

The thing that amazes me is the fraud rep from the bank told my wife we have to make a police report if we want to try and prosecute the criminal if and when caught. The thief actually went to the bank and had a conversation with the teller so there is video. We know this because the teller remembers the transaction when the fraud officer asked them about it.

Wow I would think it’s a federal crime and no need for you te get involved. Why do we have an FBI?  Just to spy on conservatives?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Wow I would think it’s a federal crime and no need for you te get involved. Why do we have an FBI?  Just to spy on conservatives?

These large companies just write it off as a loss without trying to prosecute and try to put a stop this crap.

Hey Rocky..

Oddly enough, this very same thing happened to my wife and I back in 2016.  A little over 8k in 3 weeks also taken  from our then TD savings account.   We filed a police report with Wall Twp PD, met with some regional manager at TD to be interviewed.  Long story short, TD bank made it right without much hassle.  If I remember correctly, we had every dime back in our account in under 10 days.  

3 minutes ago, Zone50BugNerd said:

Hey Rocky..

Oddly enough, this very same thing happened to my wife and I back in 2016.  A little over 8k in 3 weeks also taken  from our then TD savings account.   We filed a police report with Wall Twp PD, met with some regional manager at TD to be interviewed.  Long story short, TD bank made it right without much hassle.  If I remember correctly, we had every dime back in our account in under 10 days.  

The strange thing to me is the person had 6,800.00 out of our savings account and then minutes later put 5,400.00 back into our checking account.

Were they hoping to get a bigger score later? 

24 minutes ago, rocky said:

My wife called Chase both times it happened to us and they needed to send us a form to fill out and sent back in order to get the money back. The first time the withdrawal showed up as “eye check” and Chase told my wife that it was from Wells Fargo.  Well later that day Wells Fargo called my wife requesting our bank account & routing number in order to give us the money back. My wife told the lady to f*ck off and hung up on her and immediately called Chase. After telling Chase what happened they had the money back in our account within 4 hours. 

The second time Chase said that the withdrawal was from a Chase bank. They reimbursed our account within 12 hours this time.