IGNORED

LongBeard XR .....Which One?

BHC

I personally got better patterns with the 6s.. but the 5s are deadly as well..  i use the 2oz for all of the long beards I shoot.  The 6s performed better for me at 50yrds..  while I doubt I'll shoot at 50 if thers a chance I could in the location I will carry the 4s.. so they dont get confused in download I will post 4s 5s n 6s at 50..  the 5s I pulled the shot but still dead bird

I shoot the 3.5 2oz #5. I pattered the shot a couple weeks ago at 20 30 then 50 yards all patterns were amazing all knocked the plywood that my target ls were on off the holder, the first shot took my by surprise how much power the shot had and left my shoulder hurtin. 

Next year I might try the 3in 

As we know all guns are not the same you may or may not get better results with the 5s than me..  the 4s are from my stoeger p350 pump..  the 5s and 6s are from a stoeger 3500 auto..  if I'm hunting a field i will have the pump i feel more stable with it at 40 plus yrds..  just personal feeling..  running and hunting the woods i will have the auto

Edited by vdep217

13 minutes ago, Bones said:

I shoot the 3.5 2oz #5. I pattered the shot a couple weeks ago at 20 30 then 50 yards all patterns were amazing all knocked the plywood that my target ls were on off the holder, the first shot took my by surprise how much power the shot had and left my shoulder hurtin. 

Next year I might try the 3in 

I started using a sled lol

17 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I started using a sled lol

I shoot 3.5 2oz #5s out of my Browning BPS and man do they Kick. My shoulder hurts just thinking about it. I have to use the sled when sighting in or every shot would be pulled LOL

Funny when you are in the field shooting at a bird it feels like a 22 

3 hours ago, MikeStaten said:

Where you located?  I saw you are having trouble locating Longbeard ammo.  I can spare a few 3.5" 2 1/8 oz shells.  I'm in central jersey and could meetup anywhere between Somerset and Basking Ridge.

Very nice of you Mike, but I found the only box in my area