IGNORED

Tim Wells.....

KBfishing

12 hours ago, Nomad said:

You are killing me.   This guy is a braggart and about par with any goof ball that has some money and a camera. lol

I still enjoy watching his show, he's pretty funny.

This was the greatest of all time by far. https://howardhillarchery.com/the-legends-story.html

You can't be serious.  The guys makes shots that most guys could only dream of.  When is the last time you shot a bee out of the air or went dove hunting with your bow? Shooting a compound instinctively.  

He's a total jerkoff of a human being, but there are only a handful of folks who've ever walked on earth that can do what he can do with a bow.  Denying that is just silly.  He is easily one of the most gifted archers of all time. On par with Howard Hill and Byron Ferguson

1 minute ago, not on the rug said:

You can't be serious.  The guys makes shots that most guys could only dream of.  When is the last time you shot a bee out of the air or went dove hunting with your bow? Shooting a compound instinctively.  

He's a total jerkoff of a human being, but there are only a handful of folks who've ever walked on earth that can do what he can do with a bow.  Denying that is just silly.  He is easily one of the most gifted archers of all time. On par with Howard Hill and Byron Ferguson

He's sort of a Crocodile Dundee. Would be totally out of place anywhere else. 

Never heard of the guy since I don't really watch much TV or any hunting shows but I just looked at this video on youtube and this guys is OK in my book for one reason: He shot and killed a deer at 110 yards with which broadhead? That't right, The Rage. Thank God it opened, I was nervous :shock:!!! 

Edited by Lunatic

5 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Watching youtube videos of someone shooting might bring you to an unrealistic conclusion as to the true talent that someone has. You do realize that for every bird he hits there are 20 or 30 that he misses that they don't show?  He probably is a pretty good shot, but to compare him to Howard Hill or any of the hundreds of top tournament archers in the country is silly. And he is using a compound to boot.  lol

Has he ever won any field archery tournaments?  Or 196 straight wins like Howard Hill?  One of the most gifted?  On par with Howard Hill?   I think not.  

22 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Watching youtube videos of someone shooting might bring you to an unrealistic conclusion as to the true talent that someone has. You do realize that for every bird he hits there are 20 or 30 that he misses that they don't show?  He probably is a pretty good shot, but to compare him to Howard Hill or any of the hundreds of top tournament archers in the country is silly. And he is using a compound to boot.  lol

Has he ever won any field archery tournaments?  Or 196 straight wins like Howard Hill?  One of the most gifted?  On par with Howard Hill?   I think not.  

Of course there are misses.  Howard Hill never missed?  For all the video clips of Hill, I'm sure all you're seeing is highlights and not the rest of the misses. 

I'd argue it's probably more difficult to shoot a compund instinctively with fingers than it is to shoot a stickbow in the same manner.  Compound bows are designed to shoot with release aids and sights.  The geometry is all wrong for doing it any other way.  And forget about not using a sight. 

I give Wells all the credit in the world for doing what he can do and absolutely consider him one of the best.  You're probably the 1st and only person I've ever heard question his archery skills.  

34 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Of course there are misses.  Howard Hill never missed?  For all the video clips of Hill, I'm sure all you're seeing is highlights and not the rest of the misses. 

I'd argue it's probably more difficult to shoot a compund instinctively with fingers than it is to shoot a stickbow in the same manner.  Compound bows are designed to shoot with release aids and sights.  The geometry is all wrong for doing it any other way.  And forget about not using a sight. 

I give Wells all the credit in the world for doing what he can do and absolutely consider him one of the best.  You're probably the 1st and only person I've ever heard question his archery skills.  

You can't fake Hill's 196 straight field archery wins.  Crowds and crowds of people, thousands used to watch Howard Hill shoot at the tournaments and they all left saying he was the shot of many, many lifetimes.   Maybe that is why one trick shooter never competed against others?(Byron Ferguson).

You will never see Tim Wells shoot in front of a live crowd, I can guarantee you.

Ha, ha, I guess I was taken back,  because I have never heard anyone try and say he is anywhere near  Howard Hill!

It's like comparing some kid who is good at playing football on the block, to Tom Brady.:rofl:

He is a talented shot but not amazing by any means.  You are only seeing highlights and the best of days of videotaping.  Most trick shots are just that, “trick” shots.  You NEVER see these great shots compete or shoot alongside of proven world class shooters.  For example, the shooting of bees in the air is actually I very easy “trick” to do with an under spined arrows and enough shots.  A 100 yard shot on an average Alberta mule deer after six days of hunting is the result of multiple misses throughout the week.  He is a talented showman, that’s all!