IGNORED

I've been stewing myself over this

vdep217

1 minute ago, 1957Buck said:

On all sides? IMO that pc of 4acreas is overrun by others if not posted or even posted. Have you had any success there over the time you have hunted it?  

Yes.   Deer are comfortable here.  The plan is to work together.  But they kind of changed views by sitting over the corn..  I will let them be and keep hunting the edges as i have

Vito, just ask the guy to hunt the edges and give the feedback why. I had a similar situation. One bait pile, only stands in certain spots,etc. As soon as he brokr from agreement, i took his private bait pile and moved it to community spot. He blew up my phone, landowners phone, her sons phones. I simply let the owner know he broke agreement and i did just as i told him i would do. He then tried some more bs. Guess who cant hunt there no more. Here is a hint. I shot my 9pt there during fall bow. Lol. So come to an agreement and enforce it and see if that works. Good luck

41 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Yes.   Deer are comfortable here.  ..

Most importantly are you comfortable there. why add drama to a day that is put aside for a day outdoors being one with your surroundings. There is as I have said many times  1000s of Acres to Enjoy a Hunt that many others ignored for whatever reasons. I only wish I was able to Guide you.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I had this happen to me several years ago and we ended up joining forces and it has helped both of us. In fact, I just got off of the phone with him a few minutes ago and he gave me updates on the deer activity since, he knew that I was down in Virginia.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I think you missed the boat here. The landowner asked you for your thoughts on this and gave you the out to have this guy's permission revoked. While it may sound harsh, you should have had this guy's permission eliminated. You've been putting in the time, effort, and money to make this spot special. Why would you allow someone else to blow it up?

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, yoda4x4 said:

I think you missed the boat here. The landowner asked you for your thoughts on this and gave you the out to have this guy's permission revoked. While it may sound harsh, you should have had this guy's permission eliminated. You've been putting in the time, effort, and money to make this spot special. Why would you allow someone else to blow it up?

David

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

As I said at first seemed on board now not so much

Right now, you are both guests on the landowners land.
He had permission first , but you've been a regular there.

If he used the place steady over the years he would have 1st rights, but he gave that up when he never showed up imo.

I would always try and work with other hunters, and honestly I would probably leave before making waves.

Maybe stop baiting- or bait your edge only and ask him to stick to his half.

4 acres is small- heck you can probably both shoot the same deer from both perimeters if it's in the middle.

4 options:
Walk away
Hunt together
Ask the landowner to boot him
Or
Pay the landowner for hunting rights and boot him yourself. (But this may result in a bidding war lol)

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

I had a similar experience last year but I hunted the property for 25 years and helped the landowner out with tractor repairs, dropped off  fresh fillets of the day  and always stopped over at Christmas with appreciation gifts, that goes a long way when decisions need to be made. So with that being said the landowner said it was up to you, if you sense this guys a D'bag, eliminate the drama now and send him packing:up:

Edited by bucky