IGNORED

Recreating an Antler from Scratch

Rusty

Youre hired

I had someone wanted me to sculpt a rack from a photo.. I passed the job up because I didn't have time, but I told him to expect to pay over $1k, and he wanted it done..I just don't have the time..

You want a side job? I can give you his email and you can make him a rack and I can mount it once you're done..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Youre hired

I had someone wanted me to sculpt a rack from a photo.. I passed the job up because I didn't have time, but I told him to expect to pay over $1k, and he wanted it done..I just don't have the time..

You want a side job? I can give you his email and you can make him a rack and I can mount it once you're done..

I've got 20 hours invested in just this one, relatively simple antler.  I can't imagine how long it would take or what it would cost to reproduce an entire rack.  Besides, after this one antler I think my antler making days are over.   :rofl:  

Edited by Rusty

I've got 20 hours invested in just this one, relatively simple, antler.  I can't imagine how long it would take or what it would cost to reproduce and entire rack.  After this I think my antler making days are over.   :rofl:  

I would expect that twenty hours you spent is going to give a lifetime of satisfaction to your daughter.

PRICELESS

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Looks good Rusty. Now that the easy part done  :shock: just wait until you start the coloring process.  :rofl:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

Fortunately I like to paint and I don't mind taking as long as is needed to get it right.  I'm swinging by Jay's on Tuesday for a lesson in antler coloring.   

Edited by Rusty

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Fortunately I like to paint and I don't mind taking as long as is needed to get it right.  I'm swinging by Jay's on Tuesday for a lesson in antler coloring.   

I never painted antlers before so I am looking forward to your results. The key is to match the reproduction antlers color to the original antler without coloring the original antler at all. My friend is a old wood refinisher (70+) and he colors my antlers with me with dry colors. When he tells me it needs more green I look at him in disbelief, then after it is added I am shocked at how right he was. Good luck.

Edited by rocky