BHC

Opinions On Purchase?

So in a few months most likely I will make a purchase of a crossbow, I refuse to limit myself to just one brand/model. The ravin R9/R15 are very expensive but still on my list. Friend purchased a Crosman 380 Tormentor for about $250, cause he wasn't 100% on using a crossbow and to his surprised this crossbow is to his liking, of course I will shoot his soon, he also took a huge Illinois buck with it in November. Looking at crossbows from Barnett, Ten Point, Scoryd, Stryker, Horton, and a few others. With the brands I posted, which models in your opinion should I look at?

I can only comment on 10 point because this is my first crossbow and the only one I ever had. IMO very well made and I know its very accurate. the limbs are narrow and that's very important since wide limbs seriously limit your shots. I know there will be arguments form owners of a very popular crossbow with very wide limbs abut I know from experience its a disability. In addition 10 point customer service is 2nd to none and that is very important.

This is all I can tell you but I am sure there are many bows out there that will kill :happywave:

• Agree 2

As a serious, no-nonsense mod, I pledge to keep this post 100% on point.  :up:

Edited by JHbowhunter

Please consider Excalibur. It's accurate, simple, reliable. I have the matrix 380. I don't even bother with NJ firearm hunting anymore, don't need to. On the other site, people often sell them for insane low prices.

As a serious, no-nonsense mod, I pledge to keep this post 100% on point.  :up:

DICK !!!!! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I’ve never owned a crossbow or wanted to, but the ravin r15 really caught my eye. I think that would be my choice

Edited by DeplorableDan
  • Agree 1

Don't forget Killer Instinct. 

been BSing with Sam "The Field Archer" he does say Killer Instinct or Scorpyd

• Agree 1

I’ve never owned a crossbow or wanted to, but the ravin r15 really caught my eye. I think that would be my choice

I really like how compact they really are

I’ve got a 10pt turbo and a centerpoint sniper 370.... both are great. The 10pt I’ve have 4-5 yrs now without an issue

Cabelas usually has some package deals. Some are brand names, some carry the Cabelas name but are made by brand name makers. If you have Cabelas points it offsets your cost. Between gift cards and redeeming my points my crossbow cost me $15 out of pocket

Edited by Bucndoe

I have a Parker F4 Tornado.  Love it!  I also bought a backpack to carry the crossbow and some of my gear.  That has paid for itself.  As someone noted, crossbows are heavy, so have a plan to move it into and out of the woods with you.  Finding a decent backpack that also carries the crossbow is worth it.

• Agree 1