IGNORED

I don't have a problem

Rusty

Looks like 2 perfectly fine meals to me. Nothing wrong with a bunch of fruit. Fructose is not the enemy. Personally, I'd only usually eat like that post workout and on heavy lifting days, but that type of macro cycling is what works best for my body

Every one knows what their body can take but there is no difference to your body taking 13 teaspoons of sugar in refine stage or as fructose. It will elevate your insulin level just the same and it will feed the very harmful east in your gut in the very same way. Nothing good come from consumption of sugar.

Every one knows what their body can take but there is no difference to your body taking 13 teaspoons of sugar in refine stage or as fructose. It will elevate your insulin level just the same and it will feed the very harmful east in your gut in the very same way. Nothing good come from consumption of sugar.

According to the doctor, all my numbers are exactly where they should be.  And in his words, "keep doing exactly what you're doing".  

According to the doctor, all my numbers are exactly where they should be.  And in his words, "keep doing exactly what you're doing".  

I am sure, or you wouldn't be doing it. It works for you so keep on trucking!!

Most people don't have your metabolism and for them 72 gr of sugar just to snack on would not be all that good.  

Ok...but there is nothing wrong with elevating your insulin. In fact it is optimal for recovery purposes and nutrient absorption.

Every time you eat something, your sugar spikes and then your insulin spikes to bring the sugar down. In fact, protein has virtually an identical sugar/insulin spike egmffect as pure sugar

You're confusing blood sugar spikes/insulin spikes with constantly elevated blood sugar/insulin, which is the real detriment

Ok...but there is nothing wrong with elevating your insulin. In fact it is optimal for recovery purposes and nutrient absorption.

Every time you eat something, your sugar spikes and then your insulin spikes to bring the sugar down. In fact, protein has virtually an identical sugar/insulin spike egmffect as pure sugar

You're confusing blood sugar spikes/insulin spikes with constantly elevated blood sugar/insulin, which is the real detriment

For most of us spiking of insulin level is not a very good thing. High insulin levels prevent you from burning fat and make you store fat, therefore gain weight.

Spiked insulin level forces your body to use only blood sugar for energy, disallowing burning of fat. Also, if you have more blood sugar than you really need to feed your cells, that’s what high insulin level does,

the sugar gets stored as fat very efficiently and very quickly. The body can only store fat when insulin is present so if you are trying to lose or maintain your weight, and you have weight gaining tendencies, you should avoid sugar and carb intake as much as possible. Of course we know how bad the weight gain can be since obesity in this country is becoming the number one cause of death, and of course of many health problems associated with being overweight.

Another problem with insulin is it makes you crave more carbs/sugar whenever the insulin is dropping. It is a vicious cycle for many addicted to sugar because more sugar they eat more hungry they are. Rusty is a lucky SOB :happywave: , but there aren’t too many of us who could  consistently eat 72gr of sugar, just for lunch, and not experience weight gain and health problems.

Edited by Lunatic

For most of us spiking of insulin level is not a very good thing. High insulin levels prevent you from burning fat and make you store fat, therefore gain weight.

Spiked insulin level forces your body to use only blood sugar for energy, disallowing burning of fat. Also, if you have more blood sugar than you really need to feed your cells, that’s what high insulin level does,

the sugar gets stored as fat very efficiently and very quickly. The body can only store fat when insulin is present so if you are trying to lose or maintain your weight, and you have weight gaining tendencies, you should avoid sugar and carb intake as much as possible. Of course we know how bad the weight gain can be since obesity in this country is becoming the number one cause of death, and of course of many health problems associated with being overweight.

Another problem with insulin is it makes you crave more carbs/sugar whenever the insulin is dropping. It is a vicious cycle for many addicted to sugar because more sugar they eat more hungry they are. Rusty is a lucky SOB :happywave: , but there aren’t too many of us who could consistently eat 72gr of sugar, just for lunch, and not experience weight gain and health problems.

You're almost right. Almost. Constantly elevated insulin levels are an issue and cause the problems you are talking about. Not the spikes typical of eating a few pieces of fruit. I suggest you dive a little deeper in to this and you'll find what I'm saying is true. What you are saying sounds like some weird atkins pamphlet or something. Where did you learn what you are saying?

Also, staying low carb for lengths of time will actually have the opposite effect on insulin sensitivity that it initially has when correcting blood sugar issues. It will decrease insulin sensitivity and leave you with issues you wont be able to correct. Once beta cells are killed, they do not regenerate

Edited by not on the rug

You're almost right. Almost. Constantly elevated insulin levels are an issue and cause the problems you are talking about. Not the spikes typical of eating a few pieces of fruit. I suggest you dive a little deeper in to this and you'll find what I'm saying is true. What you are saying sounds like some weird atkins pamphlet or something. Where did you learn what you are saying?

Also, staying low carb for lengths of time will actually have the opposite effect on insulin sensitivity that it initially has when correcting blood sugar issues. It will decrease insulin sensitivity and leave you with issues you wont be able to correct. Once beta cells are killed, they do not regenerate

I don't really care to get into main argument over this but which part of what I said is wrong?  Everything I stated is factual and yes we are talking about repeated insulin spike, very typical among people on high carb diet.

High insulin level makes you burn sugar for energy, preventing burning of fat

High insulin level makes you convert sugar to fat

Insulin  is essential for your body to store fat

dropping of insulin level makes you crave carbs/sugar

Which one is wrong?

Edited by Lunatic

I don't really care to get into main argument over this but which part of what I said is wrong?  Everything I stated is factual and yes we are talking about repeated insulin spike, very typical among people on high carb diet.

High insulin level makes you burn sugar for energy, preventing burning of fat

High insulin level makes you convert sugar to fat

Insulin  is essential for your body to store fat

dropping of insulin level makes you crave carbs/sugar

Which one is wrong?

The idea that spiking your sugar and insulin is bad. That is the part that is wrong. Those spikes are what happen every single time you eat anything. They are slightly blunted with high fat intake, but protein and carbs both have a powerful blood sugar spiking effect. Eating a lean, boiled chicken breast gives you a spike not dissimilar to eating 2 bananas.

Insulin levels dropping dont make you crave carbs...it makes you crave food. If you are eating anywhere near a balanced macro diet or a 40/40/20 (pro/carb/fat) ratio diet, when you get hungry, you'll be refueling with a mix of high quality macros. The issue is that most americans eat about 50-60% refined carb, 20-30% fat and the rest protein. And its all crap. So what those people are doing is eating crap, spiking sugar, spiking insulin, and then when it drops in 2 hours, they do it again. Hence the market for "snacks."they're essentislly creating an environment where their sugar and therefore insulin are in a constant elevated state, livingin a tug of war. This is the issue.

Constantly elevated blood sugar is the enemy. So...those people who snack every 2 hours are damaging themselves. The ones eating refined carbs like white sugar or just about every single grain and stuffing themselves full of that crap every 2 hours are damaging themselves.

If you have lived a lifetime of this nonsense and damaged yourself, then its possible to undo these issues via a short term low carb diet. After 30-60 days (in most people) you should have no issues with consuming fruit, potatoes, etc daily. That amount of time should give your body the time to adequately recover.

Also, exercise and body composition can play a role in macronutrient and micronutrient absorption. Same goes for the quality of the food you are eating.

Eating a few pieces of fruit should make you feel amazing. If it doesnt, you have an insulin sensitivity issue. You're no longer insulin sensitive, you've become insulin resistant, just like the fat guy stuffing his face with bread, pasta, crackers and cookies every 2 hours

W can always agree to disagree but this kind of discussion could actually be good,

The idea that spiking your sugar and insulin is bad. That is the part that is wrong. Those spikes are what happen every single time you eat anything. They are slightly blunted with high fat intake, but protein and carbs both have a powerful blood sugar spiking effect. Eating a lean, boiled chicken breast gives you a spike not dissimilar to eating 2 bananas.

We are not talking about raising your insulin level by normal food intake. I am  talking about spiking it by eating unhealthy amount of sugar. We agree on this so there is no reason to disagree :happywave:  

Insulin levels dropping dont make you crave carbs...it makes you crave food. If you are eating anywhere near a balanced macro diet or a 40/40/20 (pro/carb/fat) ratio diet, when you get hungry, you'll be refueling with a mix of high quality macros. The issue is that most americans eat about 50-60% refined carb, 20-30% fat and the rest protein. And its all crap. So what those people are doing is eating crap, spiking sugar, spiking insulin, and then when it drops in 2 hours, they do it again. Hence the market for "snacks."they're essentislly creating an environment where their sugar and therefore insulin are in a constant elevated state, livingin a tug of war. This is the issue.

Eating carbs and sugar most definitely make you crave sugar - see below #1. It is a classic reaction for people to crave something sweat after eating a high carb meal. Again I don't know why you are making your argument by introducing balanced diet since I was never talking about balanced diet. I was very clear to state high carb diet,

The rest I don't disagree with but it had nothing to do with what I was stating and you disagreed with, and that is spikes in insulin level.

Constantly elevated blood sugar is the enemy. So...those people who snack every 2 hours are damaging themselves. The ones eating refined carbs like white sugar or just about every single grain and stuffing themselves full of that crap every 2 hours are damaging themselves.

If you have lived a lifetime of this nonsense and damaged yourself, then its possible to undo these issues via a short term low carb diet. After 30-60 days (in most people) you should have no issues with consuming fruit, potatoes, etc daily. That amount of time should give your body the time to adequately recover.

Also, exercise and body composition can play a role in macronutrient and micronutrient absorption. Same goes for the quality of the food you are eating.

Eating a few pieces of fruit should make you feel amazing. If it doesnt, you have an insulin sensitivity issue. You're no longer insulin sensitive, you've become insulin resistant, just like the fat guy stuffing his face with bread, pasta, crackers and cookies every 2 hours

#1 - First article I found but there is tins of it and if you question the source I am sure I can find more I just don't feel like looking now

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/High-Carb-Meals-Make-You-Crave-More-Carbs-Study-Says-30890118

A new study has found that loading up on carbs during a meal can make you hungrier and crave even more carbs mere hours after you finish your plate.

Little more on the same subject of craving sugar after eating carbs:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-sugar-addiction

And Sugar Lows

Your body needs to move glucose out of the bloodstream and into your cells for energy. To do this, your pancreas makes insulin, a hormone. As a result, your blood sugar level may have a sudden drop. This rapid change in blood sugar leaves you feeling wiped out and shaky and searching for more sweets to regain that sugar "high." So that midday sugary treat has set you up for more bad eating.

Edited by Lunatic