IGNORED

I don't have a problem

Rusty

I'm now down 84# from my previous fat bastard self. Went from 270# to 186# ....About 20 more lbs to go for a healthy weight at my height. Doing it slowly though....been a year so far,.

That's great, congrats. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

5'8 and 5/8" if you want me to be more exact. lol 166 to 170 was a good weight for me some years back and its the high end for healthy bmi at my height. 

don't go by the bmi scale or calculator, it's a joke. I had a measured 6% body fat (caliper and hydrostatic) and a bmi of 26.6 on that scale, which is overweight. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Are you guys saying that a bowl of oatmeal, with banana, blueberries is bad because it is all carbs?  That is usually what I eat first thing.  Then 2 or 3 hours later I lift and have my protein meal after.  Is there a better plan?  Eat protein early also?

You could try this combo, works well for me.

1/2 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 1 tsp honey, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup walnuts/pecans/almonds, 1/4 cup blue berries or 5 chopped dates (oatmeal and 5 dates aside, I don't actually measure all that stuff out, just kind of wing it). Top it with a 6 minute egg, or over easy fried egg. I have a few hard boiled egg whites early in the am (like 5:30 am or so) then this, what Rusty would call 'second breakfast'. I feel good for hours after this, no mid morning fatigue and only need a light lunch later. 

I'm now down 84# from my previous fat bastard self. Went from 270# to 186# ....About 20 more lbs to go for a healthy weight at my height. Doing it slowly though....been a year so far,.

Good for you! Kudos. You just added quality years onto your life for the better!

NJ Woods and Water ? I can't wait for the season to start so we all start talkin' about shootin' some fine bucks ! Just bustin' , definitely a extremely informative conversation , simply impressed by the knowledge of a fine gathering of tree dwellers , now you guys have made me think , I'm going to have too put lettuce and tomatoe on my pork roll , egg and cheese , even throw it on a multigrain grain roll , definitely calls for a side order of home made applesauce , definitely feeling guilty ! Good luck to everyone this season , whack em' and stack em' !

Can I get a NOTR or LUNATIC  review of my typical diet?

Breakfast.  A low sugar, grain or bran based cereal with blueberries or strawberries or banana with skim milk.  A single slice of 7 grain toast.  A little smart balance spread. Once or twice a week an eggbeater omelet with lowfat cheese and avocado.  3 cups of coffee over course of morning - a little milk, and 1/2  a sugar in each.

Lunch - varies, but nothing fried. Could be a loaded salad with tuna or chicken meat, grilled veggies and seeds w balsamic vinaigrette.  Or a turkey and swiss wrap.  Or a cooked buffet of chicken, fish, veggies (no carb). Or a stuffed pita with chicken, feta, olives veggies and tsasiki sauce.

Dinner, nothing fried, no fast food. I try to go for a balance of grilled chicken, fish or venison, with a grilled or sautéed veggie like zucchini, or broccoli... Carrots once in a while. A healthy carb of grilled or baked sliced potatoes, or Jasmine Rice.   A side salad with feta cheese, avocado, tomatoes, kalamita olives over spring mix, baby kale, arugula...    OR - just have same salad with grilled chicken as the meal.  Beef/Pork maybe once or twice a month. Pasta - even less frequent.

Try to limit to sensible portions and not eat until 100% full.

All that sounds good - right?  But then there are the snacks when I walk I the door- Pretzels, pita chips and humus, nuts...

Maybe depending on the day, a kettle one martini with two olives...  Or a couple of beers... Or no alcohol at all.

I feel great - but there is room for improvement. Still need to drop 15 lbs, I am 5' 9", 192 lbs.  

I walk a few miles a day - that's about my only cardio other than some more "private" activities.

I try to work out 4 times a week.  Starting to hit the weights more now that my elbow tendonitis has vanished (caused by Levaquin I am convinced). 

A typical benching session goes like 210lbs 10-12 reps, then 230lbs 7-8 reps, then 250lbs 4 reps, then back down to 210 for 6-8 reps.... Done.  Then some dips, then pec deck, then three sets of chin-ups with varying grips...  Then some core strengthening.

All in all - I know I can do better on the diet, and my fiancé calls my "workout" a "warm up" (she is insane - her daily cross-fit type workouts would put me in hospital), so I know I probably need more cardio type training but not a big fan. 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

NJ Woods and Water ? I can't wait for the season to start so we all start talkin' about shootin' some fine bucks ! Just bustin' , definitely a extremely informative conversation , simply impressed by the knowledge of a fine gathering of tree dwellers , now you guys have made me think , I'm going to have too put lettuce and tomatoe on my pork roll , egg and cheese , even throw it on a multigrain grain roll , definitely calls for a side order of home made applesauce , definitely feeling guilty ! Good luck to everyone this season , whack em' and stack em' !

Well...this is the health and fitness section.

Besides, you can't hunt deer when you're too fat or sick to get off your couch

Well...this is the health and fitness section.

Besides, you can't hunt deer when you're too fat or sick to get off your couch

Oh yes you can!  I literally roll out of bed and roll up to my blind.  Is it bad that there is a LazyBoy recliner in my blind?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Your lunch and dinner choices are ok. Breakfast...not so much.

I'll be blunt since you're a big boy and not the type to get butthurt. Grains aren't people food. Cereal, toast, etc have all got to go. Grains are packed with phytates and lectins, which are essentially a plant's defense system for preventing animals from eating them. Except human beings are too dumb to heed the warnings. Phytates and lectins are anti-nutrients which not only block the absorption of nutrients, but actually leech them from our bodies. Avoid grains at all cost. Maybe...some white rice from time to time.

Smart balance is horrendous for you. Canola oil (and any other vegetable oil) are not fit for human consumption. Does anyone know what those oils are and how they are derived? Does anyone know what the body does when it ingests them? The inflammatory response is astronomical. And as we all know (hopefully) systemic inflammation is the cause of heart disease.

Get yourself some organic grassfed butter, packed with good fats and tons of conjugated linoleic acid.

Egg beaters? Get some eggs from a local farm. Rich, dark firm yolks packed with vitamins and minerals. Eggs are one of the most perfect foods you can eat

Dairy...while I think that some people can do ok while eating dairy, most people can not. Especially pasteurized dairy. If you must do dairy, raw products or goat's milk products are the only way to go

Clearly...this is the tip of the iceberg with this stuff and I'm sure you have questions. Sorry if I was blunt. Thats just who i am...the helpful a**hole

Your lunch and dinner choices are ok. Breakfast...not so much.

I'll be blunt since you're a big boy and not the type to get butthurt. Grains aren't people food. Cereal, toast, etc have all got to go. Grains are packed with phytates and lectins, which are essentially a plant's defense system for preventing animals from eating them. Except human beings are too dumb to heed the warnings. Phytates and lectins are anti-nutrients which not only block the absorption of nutrients, but actually leech them from our bodies. Avoid grains at all cost. Maybe...some white rice from time to time.

Smart balance is horrendous for you. Canola oil (and any other vegetable oil) are not fit for human consumption. Does anyone know what those oils are and how they are derived? Does anyone know what the body does when it ingests them? The inflammatory response is astronomical. And as we all know (hopefully) systemic inflammation is the cause of heart disease.

Get yourself some organic grassfed butter, packed with good fats and tons of conjugated linoleic acid.

Egg beaters? Get some eggs from a local farm. Rich, dark firm yolks packed with vitamins and minerals. Eggs are one of the most perfect foods you can eat

Dairy...while I think that some people can do ok while eating dairy, most people can not. Especially pasteurized dairy. If you must do dairy, raw products or goat's milk products are the only way to go

Clearly...this is the tip of the iceberg with this stuff and I'm sure you have questions. Sorry if I was blunt. Thats just who i am...the helpful a**hole

If I stop buying cereal and don't wish to eat eggs every day, what about oatmeal? (are we right back in the grain arena again with that?)...

So no whole grain breads for breakfast? I realize bagels are bad - those are rarely consumed. I only use enough milk to cover the cereal (which I should cut out), and a little in coffee.   What breakfast options do you recommend?  I am sure pancakes and waffles are a no-no as well.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

This is why we ferment them and discard the leftovers as fertilizer or animal feed.

Essentially yes. The only way grains are made fit for human consumption is by fermentation. For thousands of years we either brewed booze or fermented them in to an edible state. Sourdough bread isn't supposed to be made from 1/2 cup of starter and the rest raw flour. Thats the lazy way. There are 3 or 4 levels of fermentation required to get the wheat to an edible state. Those are all combined and baked in to bread. Same goes for all other grains. Sprouting, soaking and fermenting are the standard. Lacto-fermentation is our friend

If I stop buying cereal and don't wish to eat eggs every day, what about oatmeal? (are we right back in the grain arena again with that?)...

So no whole grain breads for breakfast? I realize bagels are bad - those are rarely consumed. I only use enough milk to cover the cereal (which I should cut out), and a little in coffee.   What breakfast options do you recommend?  I am sure pancakes and waffles are a no-no as well.

Oats are just ok. They still contain lots of nasties, but properly prepared can be consumed here and there.

Fruits. Vegetables. Meats. Nuts. Seeds. Don't limit yourself to the idea of strictly "breakfast" foods. Eat whatever you feel like.

During the week, I lean towards smoothies. Lots of fruit and veggies. Chia seeds, flax seeds, spirulina, coconut and some vegan protein powder that I found a while back. Toss it in the vitamin and boom..1 minute later a glass full of intense nutrition, healthtyy fats, protein, digestive enzymes, etc

www.gardenoflife.com/content/product/why-choose-raw-protein-and-greens/

Weekends I'll cook some eggs, bacon, sausages, etc