IGNORED

I don't have a problem

Rusty

I just can't...

You are talking about a situation with constantly elevated blood sugar, get referring to it as spikes.

Your blood sugar spikes every time you eat. Please delve in to that little tidbit in your spare time. Try something other than popsugar or the la times. Hell...do a little science experiment on yourself and get back to me.

The spike from a few pieces of fruit is no different than the spike from a chicken breast. Don't believe me, try it on yourself. If you see a drastic difference in your readings, its because you have messed up your insulin sensitivity.

Gosh darn it I am a bit confused.  Don't know who is right, Lunatic or Not on the Rug. Could you guys post photos of yourself so we can determine who not only knows nutrition but who lives it.  You can block your face out of the shirtless photo if you want. :super:

Gosh darn it I am a bit confused.  Don't know who is right, Lunatic or Not on the Rug. Could you guys post photos of yourself so we can determine who not only knows nutrition but who lives it.  You can block your face out of the shirtless photo if you want. :super:

This is I

fat-guy.jpg

I gave up eating Healthy 3 months ago... I lost 30 lbs trying to eat right.. I looked like a tooth pic.. "F" that.. Gained back 15 lbs since I started stuffing my face with whatever I feel like eating at any particular moment.. Need to gain about 5 more and ill be good...

:D

Lunatic isn't wrong per se, just a little bit off. He still gets an A on the test, just not an A+

This is

fat-guy.jpg

How did you find that picture of me? Ive been on vacation 3 times this summer. Hell... I've probably gained 10lbs so far this week. See below...

i think Not on the Rug is getting a little pump going for the photo...

Lol..if by "a little pump" you mean eating a giant bowl of ice cream and then drinking a beer, then you are dead on. I'm on vacation this week

I just can't...

You are talking about a situation with constantly elevated blood sugar, get referring to it as spikes.

Your blood sugar spikes every time you eat. Please delve in to that little tidbit in your spare time. Try something other than popsugar or the la times. Hell...do a little science experiment on yourself and get back to me.

The spike from a few pieces of fruit is no different than the spike from a chicken breast. Don't believe me, try it on yourself. If you see a drastic difference in your readings, its because you have messed up your insulin sensitivity.

Your spike from eating 6 pieces of fruit, totaling 72 gr of sugar will not be the same as eating chicken, not even close . You just can't be serious about this statement :shock:

What I am talking about is very logical. I am talking about an average individual, not Rusty, eating a high carb breakfast which then leads to craving for more sugar in an hour or so and then again. Lunch brings more carbs and the cycle repeats itself. Spike after spike after spike, eliminates this individual's ability to burn any fat and storing enormous amount fat  converted  from overabundance of sugar. Classic American life story, just look around:-) 

There is nothing you can disagree here with. From all I read so far you say you disagree with me but you only support your argument with the balance diet argument when I am clearly, from the very beginning talking about overdoing carbs and sugar.

I don't even think we disagree.

Wait, you're commenting on Rusty's physique and complimenting LPJR on his "guns".  Now you want shirtless photos.... :shock:

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:   Post them up!

Wait, you're commenting on Rusty's physique and complimenting LPJR on his "guns".  Now you want shirtless photos.... :shock:

Nobody is asking for yours HH, especially the selfies in the tiny airplane bathroom you sent to Rusty this past week :cheers: .... :D  :D 

Your spike from eating 6 pieces of fruit, totaling 72 gr of sugar will not be the same as eating chicken, not even close . You just can't be serious about this statement :shock:

What I am talking about is very logical. I am talking about an average individual, not Rusty, eating a high carb breakfast which then leads to craving for more sugar in an hour or so and then again. Lunch brings more carbs and the cycle repeats itself. Spike after spike after spike, eliminates this individual's ability to burn any fat and storing enormous amount fat  converted  from overabundance of sugar. Classic American life story, just look around:-) 

There is nothing you can disagree here with. From all I read so far you say you disagree with me but you only support your argument with the balance diet argument when I am clearly, from the very beginning talking about overdoing carbs and sugar.

I don't even think we disagree.

What you are describing is essentially constantly elevated blood sugar, massively decreased insulin sensitivity and a fast track to type 2 diabetes. After riding this roller coaster, insulin sensitivity continues to decrease, requiring more frequent meals and perpetuating the cycle. Standard american dietary bs.

Eating a bunch of fruit once or twice a day will not set you down that road.

Nobody is asking for yours HH, especially the selfies in the tiny airplane bathroom you sent to Rusty this past week :cheers: .... :D  :D

Y'know, I asked him not to share those....  And you're just jealous that someone can be this mantastic.  Hater.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Homad?

:rofl:

Rusty's in great shape, especially for an old man, lol...so I can't say he's doing anything wrong there.... I just know that's more natural sugar than I'd normally eat now in one sitting, at least on a regular basis. 

There's also so many people out there telling you to eat this, don't eat that and then someone else contradicts it and says that's all you should eat but stay away from this. Some of them clearly have an agenda (vegans are sneaky like that) but it gets insane. If you're head isn't spinning, you probably did the healthy thing and stopped eating and breathing. lol

After struggling with weight and health for years and trying to learn as much as I care to know about nutrition, I have settled on a few key things that work for me:

- Eat whole, natural foods.

- Make all my own meals from those whole foods (so I know what goes into it)

- Grow and harvest as much of my food as I can (veggies, meat, fish)

- Intermittent fast and practice short monthly water fasts (I vary daily IF from 23:1 to 16:8 and some days I eat breakfast because I want to) I like to be flexible.

- Lots and lots of vegetables and leafy greens, moderate amounts of nuts, seeds, eggs, chicken and fish (mostly caught trout, canned sardines and tuna), decent amount of red meat (almost entirely venison), some fruit (dried and whole)

- MOVE more (I now also stand when I'm at a computer desk, standing as I type this)

- I am flexible with it all. I sometimes eat a ton of fruit...and sometimes a ton of meat.Some days I don't feel like eating much of anything. I think our bodies signal to us what they need and that's why you crave certain foods. The body is replenishing that mineral or nutrient. As long as it's not sugar cravings, go for it in moderation.

- I usually only eat one giant meal a day in the evening and I'm full of energy. On the days I do eat breakfast or lunch, it usually trips a hunger switch and I am constantly hungry the rest of the day and oddly I have less energy on those days. 

- I now think of food as a repair and refuel agent for my body....and I also try to replicate eating as if I'm a hunter gatherer. 

I'm now down 84# from my previous fat bastard self. Went from 270# to 186# ....About 20 more lbs to go for a healthy weight at my height. Doing it slowly though....been a year so far,.

By the way, that's my favorite peanut butter! I scoop it out of the jar with celery stalks after exercise. I make my own peanut butter too and it's good, but that one is still better.

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I like the way you think Nomad,  best abs win.   :rofl: