IGNORED

I have a whole new respect for masons....

LPJR

Finished applying stones to the first wall today. Plan to grout it on Thursday. Then will start from scratch on the 2nd wall to the left of the chimney starting with the wire lathe again. Last will be the chimney....Definitely time consuming to say the least...Feels good though lol..

thumbnail_Resized_20170711_200556.jpg

Finished applying stones to the first wall today. Plan to grout it on Thursday. Then will start from scratch on the 2nd wall to the left of the chimney starting with the wire lathe again. Last will be the chimney....Definitely time consuming to say the least...Feels good though lol..

Looks great LPJR.   :up:  :up:

3 Blade, I realized today how very important to have a smooth, even scratch coat is....Reason why is I must have applied the cement a little higher in a spot than the rest. Trying to hang a few stones flat against the wall today was a pain in the ass....It has to be totally flat I found out and now know that the "lines" or scratch coat allows the rocks to "hang" better while the cement is setting...Thursday I will get cement and a mason bag to grout it.....

Take your time with the grouting and don't tool the joints while they are too wet or you will get cement all over the stone. And yes the scratch coat is important, a nice even coat with a good scratch to it makes things easier.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

That's a lot of work but well worth it

• 1 month later...

Finished applying the fieldstones on the second garage wall yesterday. Planning on starting the grouting tomorrow afternoon...So much for my plan of having it all done in a week, lol. Very time consuming to say the least especially when it has to be worked on when days off allow. Will attack/stone the chimney once the grouting is finished hopefully before bow season starts...Makes me feel good when I walk in the back of the house and see it coming together though.

thumbnail_Resized_20170821_232617.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20170821_232416.jpg