IGNORED

Fishing - where are all the reports? Don't hold back

From where. Tuna bite is not hot yet, I have been watching reports for a while

you must be looking at reports from people who dont know how to fish, because the ones who do are pounding them. here is a couple pics for proof.

Effect_20170622_203618.jpg

Effect_20170622_203558.jpg

Effect_20170622_203538.jpg

Effect_20170622_203519.jpg

Effect_20170622_203447.jpg

Effect_20170622_203420.jpg

I just got to cape may tonight for a family vacation. Will be out shark fishing every night (when kids go to sleep!) this week. Word is that there are some blacktips in the area, I know of a few confirmed catches off the beach. Sand tigers and browns are always here. I'll have some good pics by the end of the week!

Will be posting lots of fishing pics but at this rate looks like it won't be until retirement, lol!  :banghead:

Trying to work overtime when available, so many things in the fire right now it's crazy with my oldest headed away to college in 2 months! 

nmc02 should be posting pics of some giant Tuna soon enough as well as Gobblengrunt's sharks. I promised my son I would put him onto a sand shark this summer, he really wants to catch one!  haha

Lou, I will take you and your son out for "real" sharks off the surf whenever you want. We should make an afternoon/ night of it. The look on your sons face when your drag starts screaming from a 100# shark off the beach would be priceless!

Deal Ronnie. He would absolutely flip out..We went for specifically for "dogfish" a couple of years ago and we could only catch fluke.

The boat next to us was catching one dogfish after another and they were only trying to catch fluke! lol

I will be in touch this summer before his football practices get going in August bro, thanks...

Edited by LPJR

Took my dad out for Father's Day to Ventnor Pier last weekend. We didn't catch anything to brag about (I did catch a very small weaky, for what that's worth), but other guys on the pier were banging the kingfish (been going to the pier only for the last 5 or so years but this is the first time I saw the kings schooling here like that). One guy took home 30! There was also a guy targeting the sharks and caught a 3 foot sandshark (lost another after it got broken off in the pilings). And of course isn't a day on the pier without a bunch of skates getting caught. Dude caught at least 3 - all went into his cooler. Always wondered what they taste like.

The Delaware is a mixed bag right now with a lot of catfish and sub legal stripers with a pig thrown in now and then. A friend caught a second 25lb+ on Fathers day. Lake Ontario at Oswego is having one of it best starts in years with big Kings showing up early to mingle with the browns, steelhead, and occasional Atlantics and coho., 

I am going to say it was as striper..... :nerd:

Most likely, I tend to agree with you. Another possibility is a big walleye as they often move up into there from the 'D' too. Heck, it could even have been a big channel cat.

Took my dad out for Father's Day to Ventnor Pier last weekend. We didn't catch anything to brag about (I did catch a very small weaky, for what that's worth), but other guys on the pier were banging the kingfish (been going to the pier only for the last 5 or so years but this is the first time I saw the kings schooling here like that). One guy took home 30! There was also a guy targeting the sharks and caught a 3 foot sandshark (lost another after it got broken off in the pilings). And of course isn't a day on the pier without a bunch of skates getting caught. Dude caught at least 3 - all went into his cooler. Always wondered what they taste like.

if you eat a lot of scallops most likely at some point someone slipped skate on your plate instead

if you eat a lot of scallops most likely at some point someone slipped skate on your plate instead

Not that common any more old wives tale.  Want to avoid that Don't order Breaded Scallops it is only Camouflage.

Ray wings done right on the Grill are good just keep them on ice from the start or you will have Mush. 

As far as any fishing reports from me been trapped in the house hard breathing with Heat Humidity.  Buddy dropped of some Crabs Made short work of them. Seems Crabbing is great big Catches Already. 

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif