IGNORED

so who is fishing tomorrow

rgw

You all realize that there is no actual "closing day" for trout in NJ, don't you?   :)

Opening Day for trout is to an avid trout angler what New Year's Eve is to the alcoholic, a day to sit on the couch and let the rookies have their fun.   :rofl:  

Yep only closed days for stocking on select Places ;)  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Flatbrook is up at least 2-3 feet I think. We are up here in a motel room booked a couple weeks ago but I wouldn't have come out this way if I would have known. There are only a few fishable areas if you can call it that. Placed a piece of wood in the ground at the edge of the water. See if it drops over night some. Planning a nice dinner at the Walpack in and maybe river will be down Sunday morning.

Flatbrook flushes out quick, I think some spots will be fishable in morning, and STACKED with fisherman.  The fish will be hugging the shoreline, don't wade where they lay! (most common mistake I see over the years, in fact - unless you need to cross the river, you could probably fish it better with low boots or sneakers than get in the water. Even when the flatbrook is low and clear, I always give it a stealth approach and only get in the water where it makes sense. Stay out of their sight line, stay out of where they lay

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Flatbrook is up at least 2-3 feet I think. We are up here in a motel room booked a couple weeks ago but I wouldn't have come out this way if I would have known. There are only a few fishable areas if you can call it that. Placed a piece of wood in the ground at the edge of the water. See if it drops over night some. Planning a nice dinner at the Walpack in and maybe river will be down Sunday morning.

Hope someone will not be planted on the wood that you placed there, but that's a good bet to make...If you really need to catch trout head over to Lake Ocquittunk in Stokes ("Lake Honky Tonk" my son used to call it when he was younger) where the water level isn't as much as a factor as the streams.....Good luck and have fun..

Edited by LPJR