IGNORED

so who is fishing tomorrow

rgw

hell no. water levels are riduculous. the good part is that the trout will spread out nicely instead of piling up in a few holes. im finally looking forward to walking half mile or more down stream and find trout.

tomorrow I will get chores done, and see what sunday brings, maybe sunday evening.

Me? Well let's see, waiting on a parts delivery, then going for an MRI at 10:15, then dropping off rental car and picking up my new to me truck, then, if the parts come in, going to service a boat. Then Sunday I'm going to service a boat, then later Sunday estimate possible work on an out board, I've got a car payment to pay now, and somtime next week I'm going to look into how much house I can afford so as to move closer to my job, mortgages seem to be on par with what I pay for rent!!!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

hell no. water levels are riduculous. the good part is that the trout will spread out nicely instead of piling up in a few holes. im finally looking forward to walking half mile or more down stream and find trout.

tomorrow I will get chores done, and see what sunday brings, maybe sunday evening.

Same for me. Sunday should have decent flows on the South Branch which falls much faster than the other rivers nearby. I'll head there either Sunday or Monday. Hatches should pop by Tuesday with 70+ degrees on Monday and Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't understand why some of you don't read the USGS stream gauges before you venture out to fish. They will tell you 100% of everything you need to know without wasting your time getting in the car.

I do for the Delaware, and last few years added Paulinskill and Flatbrook... Don't have to waste time, I know exactly the condition of the river by those USGS gauges!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Flatbrookville USGS gauge is at 685 cfs. Normal for today is 175 cfs.

I use USGS gauges more for depth.   I make a mental or written note based on station location of what the depth is when the river/stream is "normal" meaning not high, not low.  I.e for Delaware Water Gap, around 5.5 to 6'.  If it shows 15 feet as it is now and just about cresting ( that means the river for most of the sections I fish is around 10 feet above normal. Which is basically, you have to be a complete imbecile to even go near it let alone fish.

This link covers all the major streams....   You have to know what the depth reading is relative to your area

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/current/?type=flow

btw - don't accidentally type USGS.com

I shot a big 10pt once….

you can also buy a rain guage and keep your own records to see which river is at what level. a litle bit more work, but kind of cool if your into that stuff.

once thunderstorm season sets in, you can get 4" of rain in one storm, while 20 miles away nothing, and it might flood a local stream but a big river that is more impacted by what happens way upstream,  is barely changed.

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

Lady Bird and I are gonna give it a try in the morning

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member