IGNORED

Tank 9PT Down

Buck154

Been after this buck i named "Tank". Had him on camera last year as a 9pt also. But he broke his G3 off his 5pt side so he got the pass for the year. This yea he broke his brow tine off but i can live with that. I have had him on 4 different cameras with in a mile and half area. For the past week or two he has showed up on my main property but only showing at night. For some reason i figured he was going to slip up and show in shooting light.

Well this morning i got in the stand at 5:20am. Never heard any deer in the day walking in the oaks. So at 6:20 i hear a deer coming and i grab my xbow (sorry stuck having to use one cause of major surgery) i never grab my weapon cause there are only 2 shooters around and chances are low for seeing one. Well i turn and there is tank at 25yds going by on a main run that is 20yds. As soon as he turns and is there i give a mouth grunt. He stopped slight quartering to me. Punched the Spittfire through the lungs. He made a 80yd run in the open oaks.

20161118_065021.jpg

Great buck congrats but, do not ever be sorry for using an Xbow.  I use one for the same reasons you do but, I am not sorry for it and we need no explanation to anyone. We both know what we would rather have in our hands but, at the end of the day we are still hunting and doing what we love.  Great story thanks for sharing the story and all the pics.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈