Tarhunt

Anyone Bow Hunting The Last Week?

I'm going to try my best to get out this week for bow. I've only shot two deer this year and my trusty stand by 16 year old never shot a deer. So, I'll be out a few days to try to get a doe or two with my evil crossbow. Anyone else here going out?

• Agree 3

I was out this evening for what it may be my last deer hunt for the year. Went to my favorite spot and saw at least 20 deer on the move last light. At least 8 bucks still holding antlers,

Nothing came even close, but it was nice just to glass around and enjoy a warm evening.

Good luck I hope you get something.

111A92D7-D46E-457C-8AC4-5C70EDFEBD90.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic
  • Agree 4

I really want to get out this saturday.  Put together a new bow a few weeks ago and would love to add one more to the freezer, got 5 this season.  But I have also been working a lot lately and really just want to spend some time with the wife and kids.  Even though the wife thinks I should shoot one for more deer, down to 5 packs of venison hot dogs left.

I really want to get out this saturday.  Put together a new bow a few weeks ago and would love to add one more to the freezer, got 5 this season.  But I have also been working a lot lately and really just want to spend some time with the wife and kids.  Even though the wife thinks I should shoot one for more deer, down to 5 packs of venison hot dogs left.

You only have one Saturday left so get out there and enjoy it.

I am thinking I am done but come next Friday I may change my mind.

• Agree 1

I'll be out in Z7 as much as possible between now and Saturday. Missing 2 months of the season with pneumonia really pissed me off.

I was out the other night and saw 7 flatheads, but they were all out of range. Fortunately they were moging right towards another stand I have up. I'm definitely hunting the other stand on my next sit

• Agree 1

I’m up in the air about scouting a spot on state land and dumping corn and my cam to see what’s around.

After taking several does and several mature bucks including a target buck, I am officially done as is Jr. Was one of the most frustrating yet memorable seasons in recent years for us, having chased them since early September. (Early June if you count trail camera scouting)

Good thing is a shed buck will now be more easily seen in bow range by guys still hunting...That is, unless you are shooting one at 100 yards away with the Ravin...

Good luck John and the guys still crushing it...... Hope you add one or two more to the freezer this week.. :up:  :up: 

• Agree 2

I will be out Saturday, hoping for my first compound bow kill. I'm getting close. Only took 2 deer this year, a doe and a buck. Looking to end the season on a good note

• Agree 2

Absolutely!!  So the wait for turkey season and next fall bow season is a lot shorter!!

• Agree 1

I will probably be out. But more than likely just watching them walk past as I have since mid Novemeber.

Enjoying watching them, but in a funk and don't feel like taking the bow off the peg.

Really need to shoot a few more  does to make Trail Bologna and jerky  

I plan to go out Saturday afternoon for one more doe to feed family and friends. It's been a tough year this year. Had a great opportunity at a big buck last day of fall bow but did not close the deal. Oh, well it's hunting. Otherwise, really enjoyed my time in the woods of NJ and NY.

• Agree 1

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. Pressure rising and will be 30.50 by last light.

No Bueno tonight. Had 3 flatheads at 14yds....4 more coming in behind me until the 3 in front got downwind and blew.

I was holding out to see if anything was tailing them.

My Blind 022.JPGJust checked my camera and have some bucks still holding. I'll be out tomorrow afternoon.

• Agree 3

I had my fill for a few weeks now. I have enough venison in the freezer and nothing that excited me worth hunting so packed it in early this year in mid-January. Good luck to those still out. 

• Agree 1

Yup plan to hunt the last day and according to some going to take 34 deer out of the future herd!

So you're going to shoot 2 does on Saturday?  You savage!

Edited by not on the rug

So you're going to shoot 2 does on Saturday?  You savage!

Haha probably just one if I was to take two I wouldn't be able to hunt that spot for years!