IGNORED

Back to track today **Update**

mattg1500

Dont feel bad that nature got a meal out of your bear, at least part of it got consumed .

and you should feel good that you toughed did the right thing and kept looking using any means until you did find it.

as you said lessons learned, 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Good Job toughing it out , not a quality seen all to often nowadays !!!! Like aready mentioned nature benefitted from your misfortune but I'm glad you recovered it ... Way To Go !!!!

If you can't salvage the hide, make a gun rack out of the paws and have the skull done.

Contacted Darren Doran last night after my gut shot on a bear. He responded to me earyl this morning and was willing to leave work early to help track with his dog Theo. It was near to watch Theo work and he picked up the scent pretty quick. We found my bear on a creek bank about 300yds away from where I shot it in about an hour. Unfortunately it was dined on by a larger bear and or coyotes and the whole 1 side is gone. It tore me up to not find it last night but I am glad to have recovered it. Shot was about 12in behind front leg and broke a rib in and out. Check in estimated 120lb not big by any means but I am proud for a first. I learned a lot this year and will be better prepared and more educated next year. Thanks to everyone who offered tips and spots, I had an exciting first bear hunt

Congratulations on the recovery of your bear.  It's a shame that something got to it, but thumbs up to you for putting forth all you possibly could to locate it. A good hunter doesn't always make a perfect shot, but he does do all possible to locate and recover what it is that he shot, no matter what. Congratulations Again :up:

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member