IGNORED

Masters 2024

mazzgolf

Who is gonna be watching?

(rain might be a problem Thursday)

Was down there earlier this weekend for the Tuesday practice round with some friends. If you've never been, Augusta National looks even better in person. Plus pimento cheese sandwiches for only a $1.50... you can't beat it :happy:

markup_1000001520.thumb.jpg.b26eef13a4d6993980ff4ef5ce826f4e.jpg#16

markup_1000001528.thumb.jpg.fa0748781581c8c8e72a369cf6ed3d86.jpgfirst two holes of Amen corner (11/12)

markup_1000001521.thumb.jpg.1fa0b4659a2562e571d11518a85522c0.jpg#10

markup_1000001522.thumb.jpg.be1955177ba589d6c847c496ffee8553.jpgnarrow chute for the tee shot on #18 

markup_1000001523.thumb.jpg.7ebc92a89278c83ff20aa0f285ef48ff.jpg

38 minutes ago, Jcol6268 said:

I hear I have to go once, but idk if I can fork over the dough to go. 

If you put in for the lottery (application is free), you have a chance to win an opportunity to purchase tickets at face value (Augusta National frowns on scalpers). $100 for a practice round ticket. Free parking. You get a free picture from their photographers that take your picture at the Founder's Circle (at the end of Magnolia Lane). $1.50 for some of their sammiches, $3.00 for others (like my favorite, the BBQ pork sammich), $1.50 for lemonade or other drinks (includes the souvenir plastic cup with the logo). It's crazy how cheap it is to attend. Only place you might spend a ton is in the gift shop for souvenirs... but you don't have to buy any of that if you don't want to. But I recommend the $35 Masters folding chair so you can sit next to one of the greens in style :) 

This was my 5th trip since 2005 - the 4th time on lottery tickets I "won". Each time was awesome.

Sweet!!  My buddy is a golf pro here in Nj and his son will be working at the masters this weekend!  Great opportunity for the young lad while he works towards his sports management degree at the university of South Carolina. 

1 hour ago, LanceinNJ said:

I put in for lottery every year and never win. I never apply for practice rounds though. One of these days. I'll be glued to my phone/tv all weekend. 

Practice round is definitely a different experience than tournament rounds. But the nice thing is you can bring cameras on the course and take all the pictures you want (no cameras allowed on tourney days so you have to hope you have a good memory to remember the day :)). You can also move around a little easier and get a better view of the course (go to holes where no player is practicing and there is no one around so you can have open/clear views of the fairways, tee boxes, and greens). You can walk the course and see all 18 holes and get good views of everything (rather than sometimes forced to be behind multiple rows of people). And you have the option of putting in for 4 tickets so you can bring 3 other people to enjoy the day with (tournament rounds you can only get 2, so you can only bring one other person).

But this is going to be my final year putting in for practice rounds. It was my 4th practice round (was there in '06, '10, and '12 also) so I got my fill of that. I'll only be putting in for tournament rounds from now on. Tournament rounds are a different beast... hearing the "Masters roar", actually watching the players, and scanning the old-school scoreboards as they change them by hand after you hear a roar to find out who did what.

I was there on the Sunday round in 2005 and was up in the 16th tee box stands when I witnessed Trevor Immelman's hole-in-one followed by the very next group - Tiger and his famous "In your life have you seen anything like this" 16-hole chip-in :D Crazy. I was the only one not participating in the Masters roar because I was rooting for DiMarco to win and I couldn't believe Tiger "did it again." lol

image.jpeg.e6bc58bd05e332f77d3f84112405e1c5.jpeg