IGNORED

Ticks ... In February???

Hit the pheasant fields one last time this afternoon.  Just one last opportunity to take little Henry out for a run, and a last chance to carry my beloved 78 year old Model 31 afield.

As expected, no birds, but what I did find were a couple of deer ticks on my pants!  So, just a heads up to be aware - they're still out there. 

3 minutes ago, 6.5 Swede said:

Hit the pheasant fields one last time this afternoon.  Just one last opportunity to take little Henry out for a run, and a last chance to carry my beloved 78 year old Model 31 afield.

As expected, no birds, but what I did find were a couple of deer ticks on my pants!  So, just a heads up to be aware - they're still out there. 

Have some time yet for semi wild.  We hit bent creek today had a great time

Resized_20240216_115232_1708103824976.jpeg

It's because of all you assholes with your gas guzzling trucks and Diesel consuming vehicles you're killing the climate and making it warm and now we have ticks let everybody get on board by EVS so we can save the planet and get it back to what it used to be. That's sarcasm just so clarify. It's nature it don't take much more than a few degrees above freezing to get them right back up and out

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

8 minutes ago, Roon said:

It's because of all you assholes with your gas guzzling trucks and Diesel consuming vehicles you're killing the climate and making it warm and now we have ticks let everybody get on board by EVS so we can save the planet and get it back to what it used to be. That's sarcasm just so clarify. It's nature it don't take much more than a few degrees above freezing to get them right back up and out

Ugh!  My bro in law drank that Kool aid and bought himself an EV.  Pretty amazing technology, but I see them as a solution to a non-existing problem. 

38 minutes ago, 6.5 Swede said:

20240209_124338.thumb.jpg.e68c6e41068c4af51d90440cca5dd613.jpg20240209_124349.thumb.jpg.0f9592f84d27ca88c559669aa2121e7e.jpga few days ago while squirrel hunting 😳 when i was changing at home later i found a larger tick on my sock. I crushed both and showered jic i got chiggers too.