IGNORED

Where'd you get your first bow?

rem870hunter1

My first compound was a Browning Cobra XL 1982.  Sport shop in center of Medford left of the McDonalds, Forget the name. Killed my first deer ever with it in 1986 a 3 pt.  Before that bought a Ben Pearson recurve #35 at a yard sale for $ 10.

Butts and Bows mid 70's.

Jennings model T with Gamegetters. Shot the paint off of them and eventually moved up to the anodized xx75 then started to make my own.

LOL, I think I still have some xx75 bare shafts in their boxes but not the Jennings model T which was eventually relegated to carp and bowfishing duties and then retired.

My dad gave me a Bear Polar LTD and numerous, junk recurves as a kid..............shot them for a long time. Hunted very little in HS & College due to sports, etc. When I graduated college started to hunt a ton, as I had a very flexible work schedule. I bought a used Hoyt Ultratec in 2000. I shot a ton of deer with it, as there were tons of venison dinners in the area accepting deer. 

I bought my first new bow from Garden State Bow & Reel, a Hoyt Alphamax in around 2009.....loved that bow. Also shot a ton with it.

Edited by nmc02

I don't know where my dad got it from, but it was a bear with pulleys all over the place on it, lol.

My 1st I bought myself was a browning at a store called BEST in East brunswick,  it was like a kmart type of store before the world went crazy.  They had guns and bows you could handle without a issue

2 hours ago, Otter said:

My first compound was a Browning Cobra XL 1982.  Sport shop in center of Medford left of the McDonalds, Forget the name. Killed my first deer ever with it in 1986 a 3 pt.  Before that bought a Ben Pearson recurve #35 at a yard sale for $ 10.

Sportsman’s Den? I think that was the name of it.

Checked my first deer in there during 6 day 1989. Place was packed with club trucks in that little parking lot and deer all over the ground. 

I'm your Huckleberry :devious: