IGNORED

First Deer

DGHUNT10

2 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

So what’s the details of the hunt?  You said no family experience so what pointed you in the direction of the area you hunted?  Public/private/zone, etc?  

Been hunting the area for a year now, it is the nearest public land to me, and luckily haven't had any bad experiences with other hunters. Been going to the spot as much as I could, tough with school. As I kept hunting I realized the direction they were coming from to kept moving closer to them. Eventually, the snow came and saw I was near them but not close enough so I came across a deer highway and set up there. Been getting them on camera in the afternoon, so got in my tree stand in the afternoon and just waited for them to come by. The spot has taught me some valuable lessons that I will always carry with me.

9 hours ago, DGHUNT10 said:

After over a year of trying last night, I finally got it done. Ended up being a lung/liver shot and only ran like 20 yards. The feelings I felt were insane and can't wait to get back out there.

Thanks for all the help!

Screenshot2024-01-12at10_13_33AM.thumb.png.742796fe50d76870cb8bb274186b7e43.png

Thats great CONGRATULATIONS !

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL