IGNORED

Am I the only moron...

Michael Britt

that saw last night's forecast for patchy fog and rain starting at 7AM, so never set alarm to go hunt?

Turns out I woke at 630AM to find no fog and rain forecast pushed back to noon! Actually started around 1130 here in Washington.

Worst part is with current sched, I only have Sundays to hunt.

33 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Yup, bit me in the butt at least once this year.  As technology gets more advanced, the forecasts become less accurate.  Hoping it's snow in the morning but won't know what's going on until I get up and go outside.  

Is it supposed to drop that far tonight on the mountain?

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

Is it supposed to drop that far tonight on the mountain?

They're calling for rain or snow.  Says low of 27 for tomorrow but don't know if that's in the morning or if it's going to drop at night after the front passes. Saying 30's for tonight.  Have to see what it looks like in the morning before going out

If you go by the " Weather Wienies ! " you will lose countless days to hunting , and even now and then they will hit on the head perfectly and your soaking wet walking back to the truck . My son spent most of his life out on the water up to 100 miles offshore many times for years now he gets out as often as he can when life doesn't intrude , the only weather he will trust is NOAA !

We joke about it we compare it to relying on cell cameras to hunt a spot only to go there and watch a mature buck walking around the camera intentionally time and time again how do they know , both of them LOL !

Edited by Sotaroas

46 minutes ago, Sotaroas said:

If you go by the " Weather Wienies ! " you will lose countless days to hunting , and even now and then they will hit on the head perfectly and your soaking wet walking back to the truck . My son spent most of his life out on the water up to 100 miles offshore many times for years now he gets out as often as he can when life doesn't intrude , the only weather he will trust is NOAH !

We joke about it we compare it to relying on cell cameras to hunt a spot only to go there and watch a mature buck walking around the camera intentionally time and time again how do they know , both of them LOL !

NOAA 👍