IGNORED

What would you do?

DarthWaderTroj

I have been hunting private ground for 30 years. Ran into this stuff on multiple property's.  I call the farmer that is leasing it from the landowner.  Sometimes the landowner " forgot " to tell the farmer that a friend has permission.  Other times the farmers nephew is hunting the piece thinking he can.  That family stuff gets sticky.  I approach it as I'm a guest and don't take their equipment. Let the farmer/landowner sort it out. 

On 11/5/2023 at 3:05 PM, DarthWaderTroj said:

The landowner bought it 7 years ago to use for deer hunting. He only allows his family members to deer hunt,and myself and my buddy who knows him well have permission to hunt ducks. The problem is, people have been hunting the property for years without permission. I ran off one group already, looks like I will have to keep getting into confrontations. The landowner doesn't live close by so it's on us to relay his desire to not have people on his land hunting. The one guy told me he's been hunting out there for 10 years. I just can't imagine hunting land that is posted as private, but if people haven't been confronted for years I guess they have no problem with it.

Few things:

1. Owner is the only one who can take 'legal action'

2. you can alert game wardens - if you choose to do so- ensure you have written permission from the property owner. Its in the digest of what you need for yourself so you're protected.

3. The actual land lines are important here. If you know for sure 1000% the spot of these blinds are on his property lines - you really should alert the warden.

4. Final Point - what is the point of having rules and law if they're not going to be followed? Pretty sure everyone on here follows the rules. That means when somebody is breaking them in this fashion - it must be reported. Its how you keep hunting honest. Because usually in all aspects of life when someone is breaking one law, they're breaking others. WHo knows if theyre even hunting with the right permits as well. They don't have to show them to you. 

But a Game Warden they do.

On 11/5/2023 at 8:04 AM, nb6624 said:

I would leave a note first. Don't do any rash yet. I got permission to hunt a property and the land owner told me nobody hunted it. I set up a stand and cell camera only to have some guy take it all. I caught the guy in the act because of the cell camera.  Just as I was about to cut his throat he told he got permission 5 years ago. 

Throat cutting a little extreme, choking to unconsciousness is about right.