IGNORED

Setting up new tuna combo....

nmc02

9 minutes ago, bowguide said:

Sounds good on the rod I just named it for the picture sake. I will happily loan you mine and let you decide for yourself....The Quad drag system STOMPS Alutecnos...Like I said I fished them. Not sure why they were discontinued as people are willing to pay top dollar for them now. The smaller Avets are definitely nowhere near as smooth especially the regular size reels. Not sure about the EX series because they never appealed to me because of the lower drag ratings. You definitely got a great reel no doubt

I gotta get up to PEI before time passes me by.....definitely getting older! I had Basil from BHP set up a few reels for me recently and he suggested I fish PEI soon. Tuna never gets old to me. I am a broken record when it comes to tuna fishing. Just when I thought equipment couldn't get better, a brand comes out with something better. Jigging is my favorite way to catch tuna and am astonished how good the Shimano Ocea jigger reel is....although wish it had a lever drag instead of the star. Tight lines.....

Drag also comes down to what each angler can handle , and how well they fish in a harness .

many guys can’t handle working a fish at 20# let alone 50 or more .

Also the way many use hollow  core IMO is ass backwards .

Hollow core sinks at a better rate than larger mono does .

but so many guys use a 200’ TOP SHOT. Of mono aren’t getting that benefit .

as the fish are picking up the bait well before that top shot is off the reel .

‘so the only benefit then , Is line capacity .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

I gotta get up to PEI before time passes me by.....definitely getting older! I had Basil from BHP set up a few reels for me recently and he suggested I fish PEI soon. Tuna never gets old to me. I am a broken record when it comes to tuna fishing. Just when I thought equipment couldn't get better, a brand comes out with something better. Jigging is my favorite way to catch tuna and am astonished how good the Shimano Ocea jigger reel is....although wish it had a lever drag instead of the star. Tight lines.....

If you want to go to PEI message me and Ill put you in contact with some great people...It is something every tuna fisherman should experience at least once. 

Nobody better than Basil at packing a reel or topshots. We make our own for PEI because they are 100' Long, but for all my jigging and popping excurcions I use his stuff.

8 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Im up for a road trip!

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

9 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Wow. Not that expensive

Bluefin Tuna Fishing Charter Rates (Mid July – October 31st): $1800 for a full Day; Up to 7 People.

They are not running far.  Surprised it is that much 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….