IGNORED

Setting up new tuna combo....

nmc02

7 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

They are not running far.  Surprised it is that much 

sandwiches and snacks, something you don't do.lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

10 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Tight lines charters....Norton family & Bruce Brothers are most popular. 

https://www.peibluefintunacharters.com/

http://www.tightlinetours.com/about.html

The Nortons are who I HIGHLY recommend. Incredible family and every single one is an awesome captain angler and person...Greg the father has more knowledge of that area than anyone else up there. Spenser has been running a boat since he was in his teens and now is one of the top boat builders in Canada. Chance has been with his dad forever and now runs his own boat if hes not mating for his dad and Koen was just a little kid when I started fishing with him and Im proud to say I got to pass on some of my knowledge to him about stand up and he is now the Jr World record holder twice over. You will definitely not be disappointed with these guys

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

IMG_2229.jpeg

Edited by bowguide

2 hours ago, bowguide said:

The Nortons are who I HIGHLY recommend. Incredible family and every single one is an awesome captain angler and person...Greg the father has more knowledge of that area than anyone else up there. Spenser has been running a boat since he was in his teens and now is one of the top boat builders in Canada. Chance has been with his dad forever and now runs his own boat if hes not mating for his dad and Koen was just a little kid when I started fishing with him and Im proud to say I got to pass on some of my knowledge to him about stand up and he is now the Jr World record holder twice over. You will definitely not be disappointed with these guys

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

IMG_2229.jpeg

IMG_4051.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I got a great deal on  a bunch of Fin Nor Santiago 30 wides .

‘Set them up for bait fishing , and sharking .

They are very heavy in comparison to most other reels in the class. But put out 70# of drag at max .

looking forward to seeing Scott land a 600 pound thresher on one .

‘Loaded them with mono so there is a delay from line stretch so I can grab him before he is ripped from the boat on a solid run :rofl:

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

16 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I got a great deal on  a bunch of Fin Nor Santiago 30 wides .

‘Set them up for bait fishing , and sharking .

They are very heavy in comparison to most other reels in the class. But put out 70# of drag at max .

looking forward to seeing Scott land a 600 pound thresher on one .

‘Loaded them with mono so there is a delay from line stretch so I can grab him before he is ripped from the boat on a solid run :rofl:

Sharks are boring...they wear out too fast

26 minutes ago, bowguide said:

Sharks are boring...they wear out too fast

I could tell you story how 3 of us fought a sure state record thresher out at the triple wrecks back in 1997…. Hooked up 9:30 am and I finally held it on leader at 4:30 when we decided to cut it loose. Last 3 hours of fight were from the gunwhale rod holder.  No legit record since 3 of us fought it. Well over 700 lbs.   International 50 TW with 80 lb mono was not enough for that fish nor was it a good fish for standup. 

we were exhausted.  60 mile ride back in 20 mph S winds. And figured the fish would go to waste. So my buddy cut it loose. True story. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

50 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Guys take 3 hours to land a big one .

I wanna watch you do it 15 minutes at 70# lol

In Canada you cannot fight fish greater than 1 hour or cut it loose.....many guys subdue these giants with heavy drag to end fight in under one hour. 

5 hours ago, bowguide said:

IMG_2241.jpeg

IMG_2254.jpeg

IMG_2082.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

IMG_2229.jpeg

I e-mailed them about a trip today

15 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

In Canada you cannot fight fish greater than 1 hour or cut it loose.....many guys subdue these giants with heavy drag to end fight in under one hour. 

Ive got 3 over 1000# ( estimated of course ) But once you meet the Nortons youll find that they are amazingly accurate at estimating these fish. Ive never fought one past 48 minutes thats why I like the Avets and the amount of Drag they are capable of. Youd be surprised about the granders...as Greg puts it "they are fat Lazy bastards " . The 7-900#ers are the Demons

Edited by bowguide