IGNORED

Hardwick, Rattlesnake

• BHC changed the title to Hardwick, Rattlesnake

I have never seen one and my dad saw his first in 84 years last Oct.   warm sunny day after a few cold nights.  Thing was stenched out accross a gravel rd.  His words to me were he was terrified      

I remember back in like 1998 ish I was hunting a spot in Evesham township. Hunted there for a few yrs. I was walking back  to my truck and I saw a snake crossing the dirt road in front of me. I don’t like snakes at all. It was a really cool looking snake . I started back tracking quickly and I’ll never forget the rattling sound. Come to find out right across the tar road they built a housing development on a timber rattlesnake den . The development is now called the sanctuary. Later yrs I read how people filed law suits because they bought land or houses and was never told about the snakes

I go up to my family’s cabin every summer in north central PA and I remember when I was a kid the old timers always told me to bring a gun for rattlesnakes when I was out walking around the woods. I always thought they were full of it. Well damned if the last few years I don’t see one just about every time I go out there. They are super cool but hearing that rattle puts your hair up on end 

Just now, the truth said:

I go up to my family’s cabin every summer in north central PA and I remember when I was a kid the old timers always told me to bring a gun for rattlesnakes when I was out walking around the woods. I always thought they were full of it. Well damned if the last few years I don’t see one just about every time I go out there. They are super cool but hearing that rattle puts your hair up on end 

I hate snakes. They are a cool snake. I’ll never forget that rattle. Definitely puts chills up your spine! 😂