IGNORED

Best clothing brand for mid to late season

Jackdaniels

47 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

So you can walk a mile in on a 10 degree wind howling day wearing just the merino ?

Heavy Marino and vest, yes. I sweat reading newspaper so getting moisture away from my body is a key. 
However, I never tried what you are wearing, so I can't tell if it would work. I only know Marino works well for me so I see no reason getting something else. 
I walk in very light and then once in a tree I add layers as needed. If its very cold I end up with 4 layers. Marino base, light  sweatshirt, light Kuiu vest and Goose down jacket. All of it is very light, not restricting my movement and easy to carry. I think what you pay for with sitka and some other high-end clothing is low weight to warmth ration. I can be warmer, and actually hot, in my Cabella's barber fleece parka but it is very heavy and therefore uncomfortable and a bitch to even get it onto or into your backpack. 

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

I did not like fanatic jacket and I returned it. I bought Incinerator Jacket and I love it. It is softer, lighter(goose down), looser, less restrictive than fanatic. Fanatic bibs were fine so I now use fanatic bibs and incinerator jacket. 

I have both....love both 

23 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Sitka is the most over priced gear out there, many options cheaper and just as warm. Guys buying Sitka are like the girls that have to have Jordache and fly fisherman that have to have Orvis :stirring:

Stop being cheap and come over to our side. You end up like BHC with his crossbows, trying better product because of your back issues:happywave: 

and girls have more fun anyway 

Edited by Lunatic

I went with Nomad Gear the past couple of years because the wind blocker, price point and because I’m Short Stocky guy and sorta Fat like Nick 😁. My kid loves his First Lite stuff but it is an athletic cut. I’m also not out there for a fashion show I want to be comfortable and warm. 

Hey Dan I’m placing an order for the Burr Mitt that looks great. 

1 hour ago, OMC said:

I went with Nomad Gear the past couple of years because the wind blocker, price point and because I’m Short Stocky guy and sorta Fat like Nick 😁. My kid loves his First Lite stuff but it is an athletic cut. I’m also not out there for a fashion show I want to be comfortable and warm. 

Hey Dan I’m placing an order for the Burr Mitt that looks great. 

I have 2 

one in each clothing bag 

they work really well getting rid of all the unwanted hitch hikers 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

On 2/6/2023 at 3:48 PM, mazzgolf said:

Sorry for the thread hijack, but... once again, NJW&W costing me money :laughing:

I just had to buy one of those burr paws... I can't tell you how many times I've come home not realizing my pants and/or coat are covered in those things... then I spend forever picking them off me. I HATE it. Buy it direct from them and they will give you free shipping plus no sales tax. Use NEWSLETTER for a 5% off coupon code, too! Less than $24.

===

image.png.199c851468058075fb3d84bcfbdbc314.png

Ravenwear

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

57 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

If it was this good why isn’t no longer? People stopped buying it because it was great?

Owner retired and sold her business assets to Day One Camouflage

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."