IGNORED

Best clothing brand for mid to late season

Jackdaniels

On 2/7/2023 at 7:56 AM, hammer4reel said:

So you can walk a mile in on a 10 degree wind howling day wearing just the merino ?

If its that cold or windy, I will wear the coat, usually unzipped. I also find the head covering makes a difference on long walks too. I almost always wear nothing or a vented baseball type cap that goes in my pack upon arrival.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:36 PM, WVAhunter08 said:

Sitka Sitka Sitka……I ordered the stratus bibs and jacket this year. Wow, what a difference this gear made. I hunted in from every temp from the 50s all the way down to below zero with a 20-30mph wind one morning in West Virginia. The wind resistance made all the difference for me, plus it’s crazy light weight for how warm it is. You cannot go wrong with Sitka, plus the fit is great

yeah, great stuff.... I have their heavy set for sale in the classifieds. 

sit.jpg

Edited by fish_hunter

How come so many people say how great sitka is but then so many are selling what they have?

Insulated one piece coveralls are what I use ($200-$400).  Some of the waterproof and burr resistant shells are noisy, with anything.  Using a heated vest cut down on the layers underneath.  Just a thermal base layer, heated vest, fleece shirt, sweatshirt or sweater under the insulated coverall and I stay warm all day when below zero.  No gaps in the mid section for air to get in or heat to escape.  Good boots, warm hat and gloves play a bigger roll in me staying warm.

IMG_0209.JPG.87bffe48664cc100d14b6ab2fea41099.JPG

4 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

How come so many people say how great sitka is but then so many are selling what they have?

Insulated one piece coveralls are what I use ($200-$400).  Some of the waterproof and burr resistant shells are noisy, with anything.  Using a heated vest cut down on the layers underneath.  Just a thermal base layer, heated vest, fleece shirt, sweatshirt or sweater under the insulated coverall and I stay warm all day when below zero.  No gaps in the mid section for air to get in or heat to escape.  Good boots, warm hat and gloves play a bigger roll in me staying warm.

I wore Cabelas MTO50 coveralls for years. Nomad took them off my hands a couple years ago. 

16 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

i was being sarcastic