IGNORED

Typical car dealership BS

Dominant buck

4 minutes ago, mike033089 said:

I hope we move to the day that cars are bought at one price from the factory direct.  It’s slowly happening 

Already in the works.

Carvana Carfax to name a couple.

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/automotive-and-assembly/our-insights/car-buying-in-2030

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, Kayak Ken said:

The technician didn't recommend it. It was definitely the service advisor. Their job is to sell the services and get the bill as high as possible. 

You are probably 100% correct,  but a elderly person or young kid would've bit ( young kid = my daughter).   I can count on 1 hand of honest mechanics that I know, or went to in my 50 plus years( woodsman 416 is one of them)  but sad to say they either closed shop, passed away or a little too far

The scums of the Earth....just bought a new  car last week. Sold at above MSRP. When I did online review, the owner stated, "We do not sell above, MSRP. We sell at market value." This statement was a lie and directly contradicts his statement. Thieves. 

They are not making the same money selling new vehicles.  They are trying to make up for it on the service side.  Only do warranty work at dealership as someone else previously mentioned. 

"think how dumb the average person is, then remember half of them are dumber than that"

Just now, electric10162 said:

I found a an awesome dealer back in 2011 when I purchased my 2011 F350. I continued with all maintenance with them. I've since bought four more new vehicles. My 2019 F350 was not purchased there but they do the maintenance and any warranty work.

Who?

New vehicles they are adding add ons,  like in my case...running boards,  tonneau covers, black overlay for chrome delete, etc to justify over msrp. I tried at the time deal making to disregard the tonneau cover and chrome delete.  But the wouldn't budge....I paid $1K over 

I went to a dealership a couple years back that my uncle worked at. Never mentioned he worked there.Had a headlight out that a sealed LED light. Figured  it would be under warranty. Turns out that a rodent chewed the harness to the light. The service manager said something like 600+. Mentioned my uncle worked there and the cost was $200+ 

GRRRR!