IGNORED

Central A/C Filters

BHC

For those that have central A/C where do you purchase your filters? 

I purchase from the best deal I can find online, I just purchased over the weekend from DISCOUNT FILTER STORE. I ordered 6 MERV 13 filters  paid $87.85, they had a coupon code I got $20.00 off plus Raukten popped up so got money back on that as well.  20"x24"x1" I could never locate at Lowes or Home Depot 

Just now, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have my AC serviced before every season and have those folks replace it.  I have a larger than standard filter because folks in my house have allergies.

I switched from standard filter to electronic air cleaner due to my allergies. I added UV lights to my units in the office at work.

I have two separate A/C systems. I get my filters from Home Depot. I change them twice a year. They are never really dirty when I pull them out because I have a very efficient, whole house, organic cleaning device. For the first 5 years of marriage, I thought the vacuum was actually part of her arm!

31 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

My favorite thing is when I ask when was the last time u changed the filter ma'am? Same answer everytime we just changed it......it still has the date I wrote on it 3 years ago when I changed it during the last service call!!!! Lol.

I used to use the heavy duty pleated filters, had a new carrier unit put in 2 years ago, installer said use cheap spun filters, but change them once a month, pleated put too much strain on the motor, seems like it's working out ok, you say

14 minutes ago, JD48 said:

I used to use the heavy duty pleated filters, had a new carrier unit put in 2 years ago, installer said use cheap spun filters, but change them once a month, pleated put too much strain on the motor, seems like it's working out ok, you say

I use the cheap spun ones too. I check them often and replace. I was told they give max air flow. No one with allergies in the house and like Woodsman416 said about his Wife , my Wife vacuums at least once a day. She has vacuums on both levels of the house. 

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

I use the cheap spun ones too. I check them often and replace. I was told they give max air flow. No one with allergies in the house and like Woodsman416 said about his Wife , my Wife vacuums at least once a day. She has vacuums on both levels of the house. 

Same here, great airflow, catch the dog and cat hair, buy a case at a time (12)   from amazon, forget make and price, haven't had any come crushed (yet)