IGNORED

Why hasn't this site taken off yet?

DBuck

Actually in a lot of ways this site reminds me of the old NJH. Not many arguments at all, friendly folks and good info/stories/pics. No bashing just good times. :up:

If this site were to take off I think that aspect of the site would remain. Don't think anyone here would really want the drama or the bashing that are making NJH so unappealing unless you're into that. Lots of good folks there who just want to talk hunting and fishing and are probably afraid to even post there in fear of getting barraged with insults. Hopefully many of them will find out about this site and come on over. I hear the mods there are rather aggressive removing all traces of NJ Woods and Water. Pretty funny haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had issues "over there", but then again, I normally know to avoid the many trolls.  That and I don't try to sell things on the site which seems to increasingly cause issues for some that do.  I agree that trolls and other bad behavior keeps some from posting, and what a shame if they come wanting answers if they are new.  I find it funny how the trolls over there complain or try to make fun of this site because everyone more or less gets along.  When I was in college, we had townie bars and regular bars.  If you wanted to get drunk and get in a fist fight, the townie bars were your best bet.  The other bars had good looking women.  :)  

Well curiosity got the best of me as I keep hearing there's "stuff" going on over at NJH, so I took a peek.  Haven't been on there in quite some time...really long time in fact.

Appears Ms Grit and Highguy are taking a hiatus?

Ms Grit apparently shot a buck in VA and her thread was removed?!?!  WTH is that about?  She writes some great detailed stories with pictures, so I know a fair amount of effort went into her post...only to have it deleted.

Well her and Highguy are always welcome here, both have been great contributors over the years, shame they reached a point they literally had to take a break from a site.

I honestly don't look at it as a site vs site thing. I think that's childish. I used to go on njh a lot years ago. I got into some heated arguments some of which were probably my fault. IMO njh got to a point where no matter what someone said, another person would chime in with a smart ass comment completely unrelated to the topic. I still go on njh maybe once a month but I never comment. Maybe if I shoot a nice buck I'll share it there and here nuts that's it. I like this site because everyone gets along for the most part. I like a smaller group better but I'm sure this site will grow too. As long as it's moderated properly, it will continue to be a great place to talk hunting/fishing. Just my 2 cents.[emoji106]

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

Well curiosity got the best of me as I keep hearing there's "stuff" going on over at NJH, so I took a peek. Haven't been on there in quite some time...really long time in fact.

Appears Ms Grit and Highguy are taking a hiatus?

Ms Grit apparently shot a buck in VA and her thread was removed?!?! WTH is that about? She writes some great detailed stories with pictures, so I know a fair amount of effort went into her post...only to have it deleted.

Well her and Highguy are always welcome here, both have been great contributors over the years, shame they reached a point they literally had to take a break from a site.

I don't know why her post was removed, but she was taking pics with products that she used. I don't know if there are rules about advertising, but that's probably what it was. They also deleted posts of a guy who is selling guns privately. He is reducing his collection and is not a FFL, so he went on a rant and said he wasn't going.to contribute on the site anymore. I was off of both sites most of the summer....just busy. Now that hunting season is here, my blood is pumping and I am checking both sites. People seem upset over there. $0.02

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

- Mack

Hopefully we all can learn from what has happened over the years, and in recent weeks, and as this site grows and gets better it stays the way we all want it too. To discuss hunting, trapping, and fishing topics and have a good time. Leave all the BS at the door

Edited by Silver Belly62

Listen, all I ever wanted was to improve upon what NJH once was a long time ago and make it better for the members.

IMO Kris did NJH and all it's members a disservice selling to that owner.

Hopefully now this site can start to grow and we can move in that better direction :up:

Matt, I agree that Drag did no one any favors.  There are a lot of relationships, memories and content that reside there and that is what people continue to be drawn to.  

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

I understand that completely, but life is about creating new relationships and memories as well.

I've always understood the appeal of NJH, it's why I was there from the beginning and was so interested in taking it over when Kris wanted out.

But Kris didn't allow for that in selling to the new owners, which is why I created this site...it wasn't for me, it was for the members because of exactly what you're seeing evolve there now (and has been for years even when Kris neglected the site)

You have owners who have absolutely zero interest in it's membership...that site is just one of dozens they manage for maximum revenue with very little interaction or personal vested interest in the members.

I am literally the polar opposite.  I'm a local to NJ, "one of you", and have been involved with NJH since 2005 until I left when I started this site.

My interests have always been in trying to make the best site possible for the members AND giving back to them, this has never been a proposition for revenue.

In fact, the revenue I've made on here (and a whole lot out of my own pocket) has all been rolled back into it, and through the generosity of some great members here, we've had product giveaways, trip giveaways, contest prizes, etc...to give back to the membership.

I'm sure NJH members have done that too, but have the owners ever showed any level of interest or engagement in giving back or do they just leave it in your hands while they collect?

All I'm saying is I'm here, always have been, and I do whatever I can to help the members of this site, to help the site grow for them.  Can the same be said about that ownership?

I made the move tonight -- I never knew the old NJH -- Only joined it 2 maybe 3 years ago -- It's always been the same to me -- a little more annoying lately but the removal of the Ms. Grit post pointed me here -- her post was great, well written and showed her pride -- a couple of pictures with some products layed out -- Didn't make me want to buy anything

Someone hinted to this site on her Hiatus thread and I took the hint

Anyway, I'm gonna read for awhile 

Oh and by the way...  I'm the guy who got the chain saw

Edited by Heavyopp