IGNORED

Good start to annual Cape trip.

flukebelly

Packed the battle wagon up fri night and hit the cape by 7am sat . Got settled in and had a bust at our first stop. Freshwater pond that was too hot and full of muck; a few bass, perch and pickerel - not great. Sat night hit a back bay salt pond and had steady schoolie action as the sun set. Nice chunky fish , all around 5lbs or less. Got to break in my new St Croix BassX rod. 

Today hit a brackish pond that had been decimated by cormorants about 5 years ago…well when people say fish and animals can’t repopulate if left alone…they’re dead wrong. Between my buddy and i we caught well over a hundred fish and left them bitting! Typical white perch …catch one and a dozen all follow it up trying to eat whatever falls out . It was a fish a cast for hours. Kept a few medium sized ones for a midweek fish fry. Let some real giants go.

back after stripers tonight.

455D3EB9-81DE-40FF-A7E1-E7BCFA4B1329.jpeg

723F36F7-D2B4-473E-A249-DDC54ED9A566.jpeg

4D74C07A-0E8D-4E35-A897-4CE3BCCED1A5.jpeg

3 hours ago, nmc02 said:

My favorite place in the US....wish I could afford to live there. The striper bite off race point is insane now.

I look every time I’m up here, and as long as you aren’t on water ….you can get a very nice 2/3 bedroom , 1/2 bath house for under 400k. And the property taxes run around 3 to 4k . Makes me feel like a dope for paying through the ass in union county and watching half of Tijuana put fish in buckets.

8 minutes ago, flukebelly said:

I look every time I’m up here, and as long as you aren’t on water ….you can get a very nice 2/3 bedroom , 1/2 bath house for under 400k. And the property taxes run around 3 to 4k . Makes me feel like a dope for paying through the ass in union county and watching half of Tijuana put fish in buckets.

I looked on Shore Road in Truro ....on hill overlooking bay (NOT ON WATER) at a cottage that was 900 square ft. It was 800 k. Not a dispute, but don't think you looked recently. Dumps are 750 k far from water.