IGNORED

Fixed blades are better than mechanicals

JHbowhunter

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Than deer should have been dead.  Did broad head not open?  Still would find it hard to believe he lived.  What was your thoughts

No back story yet ,

let’s agree shot is below the loin , as it def was.(and below the spine )

2” broadhead opened completely 

no man’s land ? 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

No back story yet ,

let’s agree shot is below the loin , as it def was.(and below the spine )

2” broadhead opened completely 

no man’s land ? 

I got nothing.  Wierd things do happen I hit a doe a few years ago perfect and she went over 400 yrds I'll see if I can find pic

26 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Is this shot above the vitals ?

entrance hole from 18’ up at 20 yards 

8497103B-E89B-4303-9126-1C886E156834.jpeg

That looks like it should be a dead buck. This doe was shot very similar scenario.. slight quarter away, 18’ up, just under 20 yd shot and with a muzzy 3 blade. She only went 30yds 

E28E33AF-E5DC-42E4-A080-18EE9813FB2B.png

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Here's a concentration,A small fixed blade makes a small hole. Mechanicals make a very large hole. When you make the largest hole you can, outside air pressure  rushes into the deer's body cavity and collapsis the deer's lungs for a quicker death.

18 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I got nothing.  Wierd things do happen I hit a doe a few years ago perfect and she went over 400 yrds I'll see if I can find pic

I shot that buck a bunch of years ago the first week of the season .

2” freak nasty .

watched him go almost 150 yards in the woodlot waiting for him to fall .

waited a half hour , Ray Charles could have followed the blood . Light bubbles in the blood .

didn’t find him , then hung up my bow and looked for him for 2 weeks knowing my shot was where I wanted it .

two weeks later I got a glimpse of him crossing a neighbors field , and then a few days later that trail cam pic .

I hunted him hard and shot him in the late season . Putting an arrow right through just about the same hole .

I skinned him out in the barn without touching him in the field as I needed to know what happened .

I had shot the top inch of the  near side lung and a little lower on the off side 

‘That lung tops were black and hard where the wound had hit him 

while many guys will say it’s anatomically impossible i do believe in mature deer the membrane that helps hold the lungs in place isn’t the same as it is in younger deer .

young deer you just about have to rip the lungs from their chest walls . Mature deer don’t have that same attachement .
seen many the lungs were just laying inside when dressing the deer .

I think in those deer while you should be mid lung , that between breaths those lungs compressed allow a higher shot in the lungs to not do enough damage to them to put a deer down .

it was a high lung shot , but wasn’t lethal that day .

2F1CBAEF-102C-493A-8297-E9A24CEE65D9.jpeg

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

3 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Yes they do, one belongs in the woods and the other   .   .   .   .   well,  belongs somewhere else.  

And the millions of guys using them successfully feel opinions are just like assholes . Everybody has one 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

19 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I shot that buck a bunch of years ago the first week of the season .

2” freak nasty .

watched him go almost 150 yards in the woodlot waiting for him to fall .

waited a half hour , Ray Charles could have followed the blood . Light bubbles in the blood .

didn’t find him , then hung up my bow and looked for him for 2 weeks knowing my shot was where I wanted it .

two weeks later I got a glimpse of him crossing a neighbors field , and then a few days later that trail cam pic .

I hunted him hard and shot him in the late season . Putting an arrow right through just about the same hole .

I skinned him out in the barn without touching him in the field as I needed to know what happened .

I had shot the top inch of the  near side lung and a little lower on the off side 

‘That lung tops were black and hard where the wound had hit him 

while many guys will say it’s anatomically impossible i do believe in mature deer the membrane that helps hold the lungs in place isn’t the same as it is in younger deer .

young deer you just about have to rip the lungs from their chest walls . Mature deer don’t have that same attachement .
seen many the lungs were just laying inside when dressing the deer .

I think in those deer while you should be mid lung , that between breaths those lungs compressed allow a higher shot in the lungs to not do enough damage to them to put a deer down .

it was a high lung shot , but wasn’t lethal that day .

2F1CBAEF-102C-493A-8297-E9A24CEE65D9.jpeg

Strange things do happen.  In your case I would have thought dead deer as you did.  The pics Rusty and I posted I would say 99 percent of the time it's non lethal unless almost straight down.  Mine was 22 yrds about 20 ft up I shot high no excuse.