IGNORED

Appalachian Bowmen 3D shoot

Ron

Appalachian Bowmen 3D traditional shoot.

https://www.appalachianbowmen.org/Shoot

Who is going?  I have yet to make it to one of these shoots. Every year I want to go but it just never works out. Between work and spring youth sports. But I think this year I may take off of work on Friday and head up. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

I went one year with Jakes Beard . 
‘if you go make sure to bring some trash arrows .

to me Trad archery is about up close and personal shooting .

the course was set up that the shots were well beyond most trad archers effective range .

guys ( including myself ) spent as much time looking for flung arrows as we did shooting the course .

would be a better shoot if targets where set at reasonable traditional  yardages with an occasional long shot ..….

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

4 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I usually have gone at least one of the days every year, really fun shoot.  FYI, there are 3D shoots just about every Sunday within a reasonable driving distance in NJ, PA, and NY (wherever you are from) starting soon throughout the summer.

I usually hit most of the Farmers shoots, but always with the compound. This year I want to change that. Including backyard shoots with the kids and their longbows. I have chased the compound accuracy craze long enough. It is time to get back to where I love to be, behind a stick bow. 

I am the Lorax - I speak for the trees. 

Don't forget the first annual, Ocean County DU 3D shoot on 2/27 at Citta Scout Reservation.  It will be the first time the course will be open to the public. There are 23 stations with 30 targets up to 50+ yards for compounds, shorter ranges for longbows and recurves. Cost is $40 online and $50 the day of the shoot. Food will be provided and there is reduced pricing for kids. L posted a thread with details previously if you are interested. 

8 hours ago, Ron said:

I have yet to make it to one of these shoots. Every year I want to go but it just never works out. Between work and spring youth sports. But I think this year I may take off of work on Friday and head up. 

It's a great shoot, it's worth the effort to get there!  

• 2 years later...