IGNORED

Zone Permits

HomerJay

For the life of me I am still trying to figure out the regulations for NJ. NY was never this difficult. For what seasons do I need a zone specific permit and how do I go about buying one? I recently renewed my license for 2022, however, even though I had a 2021 license I never hunted as I spent my time scouting and tuning a new bow. I transferred my license from NY to NJ last fall.

If I want to hunt Winter Bow do I need a zone specific permit or only if I want to hunt during Permit Bow season. I have read through the NJ Hunting & Trapping Digest but unless I missed it, it's not very clear. When I go into my account online, I do not see an option for purchasing a zone permit. 

Sorry for the noob question but this seems very confusing. I cringe at the thought of having to call NJ Fish & Wildlife.

You need a 2022 bowhunting license or all around license to hunt 2022 winter bow season.  You don't need any zone specific permit to hunt winter bow.  No doubt the seasons here in NJ are confusing, but you'll get used to them after a couple years, just ask questions here like you did, members here can help clarify the laws/rules.

7 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Thank you so much Gents. So, I would only need a zone specific permit during permit bow? I have the Fall and Winter tags from my yearly license. When are the zones available for purchase?

2022 bow permits will be available over the counter or online in late summer/early fall 2022. 

17 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Thank you so much Gents. So, I would only need a zone specific permit during permit bow? I have the Fall and Winter tags from my yearly license. When are the zones available for purchase?

Correct and it will be a bunch of months yet before permit sales are open.  There are not dumb questions except for questions unasked!  Welcome and good luck in NJ.