IGNORED

My Health Issues are Going Downhill Fast

230jhp

On 1/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, 230jhp said:

In the last two years I lost a lot of weight (150#)  by counting calories in calories out. You would think that would improve my health. It hasn't.

Instead I'm getting progressively weaker.  In addition to that I have neck problems making it difficult to hold my head erect. Furthermore l have significant weakness in my ability to grab things with my hands especially the left hand.

A year and a half ago I could no longer draw mt 60# compound bow. Last year I hunted with a 40# recurve. Now I cannot draw that either.  I switched to a X-bow for this season. The last two times I tried to cock it I couldn't. 

Also my neck issue screws up my wing shooting. I've been pheasant hunting several times this year with a friend that has an excellent dog. We put up a lot of birds thanx to the dog. Unfortunately my neck prevents me from bringing the shotgun up to my cheek properly. I've missed every bird I shot at

I see this progressive weakness at the gym as well. I've been working out regularly for two years not getting any stronger. Lately I've even had to reduce the weight I use in most exercises. 

I went to the surgeon that fixed my knee several years ago. She sent me for an MRI and a nerve function test. According to the MRI there is considerable disk loss in my neck.  The nerve function test revealed I have carpal tunnel in both hands much worse in the left. It also said I have a severe injury to my left elbow. That elbow only hurts when at the boxing gym if I throw a jab that doesn't land. 

I expect to go back to the surgeon soon. I guess I'll get the carpal tunnel fixed. I just hope she can fix my neck. If she can't my hunting career may be over.

Down to 224 from probably  over 250. 

Make sure you get enough  Protein Frank. I have a Muscle Milk for Breakfast. 32 grams of protein and 170 calories. Make sure you take a vitamin/ mineral supplement  daily. I take that with the Muscle Milk  with 1,000 units of Vitamin D3.

When thinking of Covid- it is important  to take Vitamin D3,Vitamin C, and Zinc. Take Zinc with 80zs of Fluid.

Dont be Sparring anymore. Not worth it. Use lighter weights and enjoy it.

Stay hydrated! I take Pedialyte- Sport. Low calories- 5 Electrolytes.  Good brand of Fish Oil for the Heart. I take the Target Brand- Up + Up.

Get well.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

1 hour ago, Merkel said:

I wish you a fully and speedy recovery.   In addition to the really good points others made, you may want to check your protein intake. Best of luck!  

I get plenty of protein: Core Power protein drinks;  a variety of protein bars from Quest,One, and Pure Protein. I also get Powerfull Oatmeal that has 20 grams of protein per serving. In addition to that I eat lots of meat and fish

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Down to 224 from probably  over 250. 

Make sure you get enough  Protein Frank. I have a Muscle Milk for Breakfast. 32 grams of protein and 170 calories. Make sure you take a vitamin/ mineral supplement  daily. I take that with the Muscle Milk  with 1,000 units of Vitamin D3.

When thinking of Covid- it is important  to take Vitamin D3,Vitamin C, and Zinc. Take Zinc with 80zs of Fluid.

Dont be Sparring anymore. Not worth it. Use lighter weights and enjoy it.

Stay hydrated! I take Pedialyte- Sport. Low calories- 5 Electrolytes.  Good brand of Fish Oil for the Heart. I take the Target Brand- Up + Up.

Get well.

Try Core Power instead of Muscle Milk. It tastes better. There are two versions one has 26 grams of protein and 160 calories the other has 42 grams and 230 calories.

In addition to the Lyme test, you should have them check thyroid and testosterone levels.

I was having crazy muscle fatigue along with joint pain so doc ordered a slew of blood work. Lyme came back negative, but turns out I have hypothyroidism and my testosterone levels were super way low. 

Was night and day difference after I started taking thyroid and testosterone meds. 

Hope you start getting better soon!!!

Glad to see you on the road to repair. Stay with yor Neurologist and don't let any Doc cut you for a possible misdiagnosis.
Get a second opinion.
The services you seek might only be available in a hospital environment with emergency services.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Keep us informed. Hope you feel better. Give a call if you want to get out.

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I have been to to six different doctors in the last month.

Originally I went to the surgeon that fixed my knee 6 years ago. That was in December. She sent me to a nerve doctor who ran the nerve tests on my arm. The test found I have carpal tunnel in both arms/hands. It also determined I have a damaged ulnar nerve in my left arm. The third thing is a pinched nerve in my C7 vertebrae. The first two are causing my weakness in grasping things with my hands. The C7 is causing a general weakness in my left arm.

Then I had to wait to get another appointment with the original surgeon because her office was closed over Christmas. When I finally got an appointment she sent me to a spine surgeon. He sent me to a surgeon that specializes in hand surgery.  In order to do the hand and elbow surgery he sent me back to my general practitioner for an EKG, bloodwork. He is supposed give the surgeon clearence to do the operation.  However, he wants me to have an Echocardiogram and stress test before he will authorize the surgery. So yesterday I went to a cardiologist (  I haven't been to a cardiologist for over 10 years) I am having the echocardiogram and stress test tomorrow..

Once this is done then the spine surgeon will deal with the C7 vertebrae in my neck.

Damn I hate doctors!!!!

Worst part of it is the hand surgeon told me the condition may not improve much after the surgery, but if I don't have it the weakness will continue to get worse. He said my left arm with be immoblized in a sling for six weeks. I don't know how I will be able to get dressed or get in and out of my truck without my left arm. I guess I'll have to get one of those home health aids or something.

Originally I hoped to be back for turkey/ fishing season. Now it seems I'll be lucky to get back for hunting next fall.

1 hour ago, 230jhp said:

Update:

I have been to to six different doctors in the last month.

Originally I went to the surgeon that fixed my knee 6 years ago. That was in December. She sent me to a nerve doctor who ran the nerve tests on my arm. The test found I have carpal tunnel in both arms/hands. It also determined I have a damaged ulnar nerve in my left arm. The third thing is a pinched nerve in my C7 vertebrae. The first two are causing my weakness in grasping things with my hands. The C7 is causing a general weakness in my left arm.

Then I had to wait to get another appointment with the original surgeon because her office was closed over Christmas. When I finally got an appointment she sent me to a spine surgeon. He sent me to a surgeon that specializes in hand surgery.  In order to do the hand and elbow surgery he sent me back to my general practitioner for an EKG, bloodwork. He is supposed give the surgeon clearence to do the operation.  However, he wants me to have an Echocardiogram and stress test before he will authorize the surgery. So yesterday I went to a cardiologist (  I haven't been to a cardiologist for over 10 years) I am having the echocardiogram and stress test tomorrow..

Once this is done then the spine surgeon will deal with the C7 vertebrae in my neck.

Damn I hate doctors!!!!

Worst part of it is the hand surgeon told me the condition may not improve much after the surgery, but if I don't have it the weakness will continue to get worse. He said my left arm with be immoblized in a sling for six weeks. I don't know how I will be able to get dressed or get in and out of my truck without my left arm. I guess I'll have to get one of those home health aids or something.

Originally I hoped to be back for turkey/ fishing season. Now it seems I'll be lucky to get back for hunting next fall.

I would caution jumping right to surgery for the C7.....but I don't know your exact issue. Explore rehab for your back if you can. I've dealt with no disc at C5/C6 for 20yrs from a compression injury that has run the gamut of pinch nerve causing issue with arm, tingling/numbness, etc. Thru traction, rehab and regular gym workouts I've held off those issues.  Hope your able to get relief.