IGNORED

Faded camo solution

gregtpal

I have a relatively new pair of fleece lined Redhead pants that are great except the camo faded after a couple years use.  I tried dying them with dark green dye & left them in the dye overnight but the synthetic fabric didnt take much, if any, color.  I was gonna buy a new pair but really like them so tried a last ditch solution.  I sprayed them with camo spray paint I had for touching up stands.  It worked pretty good.  Gonna keep using them now & will spray as necessary.

Edited by gregtpal

I recently did a similar fix on my Lacrosse boots. I like Lacrosse boots even though these are difficult to get off. I noticed that after a few years the rubber gets porous at the flex point around the ankles. I put FlexTape. around the porous area and it works. Mine are green not camo so now there is a black band around the ankles. It looks goofy, but who cares.

As far as the on/off issue I put a plastic supermarket bag around my foot and the entry/exit is easy. The plastic bag also serves as a vapor barrier preventing persperstion from getting in the insulation.

5 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

I recently did a similar fix on my Lacrosse boots. I like Lacrosse boots even though these are difficult to get off. I noticed that after a few years the rubber gets porous at the flex point around the ankles. I put FlexTape. around the porous area and it works. Mine are green not camo so now there is a black band around the ankles. It looks goofy, but who cares.

As far as the on/off issue I put a plastic supermarket bag around my foot and the entry/exit is easy. The plastic bag also serves as a vapor barrier preventing persperstion from getting in the insulation.

That plastic bag is keeping your feet from breathing. Sweat can’t escape and feet get cold? One size bigger solves the problem?

6 hours ago, gregtpal said:

I have a relatively new pair of fleece lined Redhead pants that are great except the camo faded after a couple years use.  I tried dying them with dark green dye & left them in the dye overnight but the synthetic fabric didnt take much, if any, color.  I was gonna buy a new pair but really like them so tried a last ditch solution.  I sprayed them with camo spray paint I had for touching up stands.  It worked pretty good.  Gonna keep using them now & will spray as necessary.

They have dye strictly for synthetic material. Bought some on Amazon and did my cushion covers on outdoor furniture. Came out like new. 

20 hours ago, 230jhp said:

Lacrosse boots are not like they used to be. The last couple pair I had made it barely a year.

2 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Lacrosse boots are not like they used to be. The last couple pair I had made it barely a year.

Nothing is made like it used to be.  Stuff is made to break down and last just long enough to satisfy .  Think this was my 3rd year for the alpha burly pro, maybe forth,  Leaked at the soles this year, worn down from camo to solid green, and a small split in one.  Figure in how often they get worn a year.  But much better than other boots that both split across the toes after 1 year and leaked from day one.  So I bought another.  A pair of black rubber boots my dad had used in the winter for probably 30 years are still like new.  Good rubber vs China rubber.

18 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

They have dye strictly for synthetic material. Bought some on Amazon and did my cushion covers on outdoor furniture. Came out like new. 

I bought the dye for synthetic fabric but it mostly washed out.  I think the fabric treatment for water resistance might have stopped it from taking.  I did see a dye that uses hot water on the stove & might try that.

13 hours ago, Monster Marine said:

WHERE’S THE PICTURE OF THE SPRAY PAINTED PANTS THATS SOMETHING WE GOTTA SEE ???

I sprayed it real light to make sure it would work out & it is really hard to tell I even did it, especially in a picture.  If I can remember to do it next time I'm near them, I'll snap & post.