IGNORED

Anyone think it's a good idea to....

The club I belong to guys all hunt with xbows….

im the only one with a vertical bow even though we are nicely spaced out, I feel like I’m the only one hunting the property…

they only come out if there’s something good on the camera for me that’s not hunting…

the one rule is that we all drive on opening 6 day, I new we weren’t gonna see anything but I didn’t wanna be the negative one

ITS THEIR TRADITION 

But I love how the guys that don’t put in the time actually think just bcause they decide to go out on certain days very enthusiastically and with a gun they will actually get something …enthusiastically motivated with prayers does not equal a harvest lol 

23 minutes ago, Monster Marine said:

The club I belong to guys all hunt with xbows….

im the only one with a vertical bow even though we are nicely spaced out, I feel like I’m the only one hunting the property…

they only come out if there’s something good on the camera for me that’s not hunting…

the one rule is that we all drive on opening 6 day, I new we weren’t gonna see anything but I didn’t wanna be the negative one

ITS THEIR TRADITION 

But I love how the guys that don’t put in the time actually think just bcause they decide to go out on certain days very enthusiastically and with a gun they will actually get something …enthusiastically motivated with prayers does not equal a harvest lol 

Enthusiasm keeps you in the woods. To each, his own.

On 12/7/2021 at 8:41 AM, ithaca10 said:

Follow the science. What i'm tired of reading on here is killing 8-9 deer to fill the freezer. That to me is all BS if everyone is so concerned than kill your one or two deer.

Depends where you hunt.  Where I hunt 8-9 deer to fill the freezer and fill friends' freezers makes sense.  If EHD is a problem, then of course it makes no sense. Nor do drives. But today I was listening to a much more experienced than I hunter grouse about not seeing any deer, and it's a shitty year, and he's upset, and I got only 2 so far, and  blah blah blah...that's because he pulls a big fat corn spreader into the woods and sits over it, telling me that the does are gonna bring him bucks. Yeah, he's right, sometimes. But this year I see the bucks  at the pinch points and along high ridge lines, searching for the does rooting around for last of acorns, beechnuts and hickory (again, where I hunt; not saying this is the case for everyone, or you). And there are lots of does, lots of bucks in these spots. My simple point is that much of what I'm hearing from hunters in my area is the result of this fall's mast that displaced the master baiters--full disclosure I bait at times, when I'm hard up --and then they go all "boo hoo hoo, there's no more deer" as if everyone got hit like the folks at epicenters of EHD outbreaks. To them I send my sincere condolences and hopes that no one takes 8-9 down there this year.  I've said it once, I'll say it again: It'd be good for the woods if there were fewer deer where I hunt, and I'm doing my part.