IGNORED

Dear Lazy Hunters - setting up your blinds/stands - SCOUT YOUR AREA FIRST!

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

That's all well and good, but people (maybe not you) need to realize that placing a stand on public land in no way reserves the spot. Guys on here bitch all the time about people hunting "their spots" on public land.. too many people think the act of hanging a lock on claims the land

I have left notes and this is what I write.

Dear fellow hunter,

I believe you set up close to me without knowing it.  I'm sure you like me don't want to hunt near others.  If you need help I can help you find a spot that will benefit us both throughout the season.  And I leave my number never had an issue and they usually move.   I still speak with one of them during season 

1 hour ago, Hunter115522 said:

I'm sorry you find my opinion "ignorant" but I'm not surprised. You've shown several times over the years that you don't deal well with people with differing views.

Did not find you ignorant. I find that someone places that many stands in a small area to claim it as their area as being ignorant. So you are barking up the wrong tree. 

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Ignorance is to have 11 stands on public land and think it has no negative effects on other hunters. “ I never had any conflicts with other guys” is ignorant. How many hunters had to walk by his 11 ghost stands, he can not us more than once, twice/ season or never, and look for another spot because of his selfishness of taking over 11 spots. If you only give each area 200x200 yard  buffer he alone takes over 90 acres 

Lol. I have had three different people use my stands this year. Some years it may be 5 or 6 guys. There are guys with more than 11 stands on this 13000 acres.  I dont bitch if someone sets up. I get to know the person and work out details so it doesnt affect either of us. The only thing ignorant is you continuing to troll my posts for years like you do. Get a life. 

1 hour ago, deadonshot2 said:

Did not find you ignorant. I find that someone places that many stands in a small area to claim it as their area as being ignorant. So you are barking up the wrong tree. 

I misunderstood your response. I thought you were saying my post was ignorant, I apologize.

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

I have left notes and this is what I write.

Dear fellow hunter,

I believe you set up close to me without knowing it.  I'm sure you like me don't want to hunt near others.  If you need help I can help you find a spot that will benefit us both throughout the season.  And I leave my number never had an issue and they usually move.   I still speak with one of them during season 

I applaud you for that. My main beef is the guys that set stands on public, and feel that it entitles them to exclusive rights to that area. 

23 minutes ago, bucky said:

I have had it happen on private land also on township property multiple times, I have killed deer on township property, guys hear my gunshots and a new stand goes up in the area by the end of the week...wtf:doh2:

Pull off three shots by the parking lot, then go to your spot. Suckers! Lol

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

12 hours ago, chenrossi said:

Is it just me or am I the only one who has never really had an issue on public land. I say that now and tomorrow my sets and cameras will be gone…

I have had a lot of cameras for the last twenty years and only ever had 3 stolen. All on public land. Different mentality for sure. 

Edited by KBfishing

13 minutes ago, KBfishing said:

Sounds like you have saving up a lot of love. Right on time for your NH. Trip. Good luck @LPJR. Sasquatch in heat.  

Instead of a cigar rusty's working on it.

momma-and-baby-bigfoot-jeannie-sanders.jpg

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

3 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

You should be considerate? In the other hand consideration on his part would be nice. 
Add it could be a kid can’t drive, needs somewhere he can get to. An old man can’t walk too far. A new hunter thinks he found a goldmine seeing so many stands in a small area.  
Maybe a retired guy who only hunts during week? You can’t keep him out. Also just because he didn’t see stamds doesn’t mean he didn’t scout efficiently according to him. I sense your frustration. Happened to me as well. I just move. Simple as that. Use a climber and stay mobile. 

:first:

10 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

I applaud you for that. My main beef is the guys that set stands on public, and feel that it entitles them to exclusive rights to that area. 

No teason for apology. It is all good. I reread what I wrote and saw how it could be taken the way you took it. I just got to the woods and a guy I met a couple weeks ago hunting from a saddle is in the piece of woods I was headed to. So I simply diverted so I do not mess with his hunt.  I have a ladder stand but it is not my spot. I use them for the ease of getting in and out. It would certainly be very noisey and a chore lugging my climber in places like these. Good luck the rest of deer season.

I think what gets lost in translation in all the public threads boils down to this…

on public you have to understand you will have company, especially if you’re hunting a good area, funnel, etc. that others that know what they’re doing will recognize as well. Once this happens you can whine, complain or go into attack mode or adjust accordingly. The deer recognize pressure and avoid it, it’s up to YOU to adjust to be successful. There is no “my spot” on public land and if you’re successful people WILL follow you and hunt up your ass. Leave no trace of where you hunt or deal with others seeing your set up and hunting close by. It’s what you do that makes a difference, you simply can’t control others do. 

AWM