IGNORED

Dear Lazy Hunters - setting up your blinds/stands - SCOUT YOUR AREA FIRST!

13 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Ignorance is to have 11 stands on public land and think it has no negative effects on other hunters. “ I never had any conflicts with other guys” is ignorant. How many hunters had to walk by his 11 ghost stands, he can not us more than once, twice/ season or never, and look for another spot because of his selfishness of taking over 11 spots. If you only give each area 200x200 yard  buffer he alone takes over 90 acres 

I have to agree , I went to Manchester WMA when i first moved south. I started marking existing stands on my GPS . I literally could not find a spot more than 100 yards from a stand. There are wooden permanent stands everywhere! Smoking Gun helped me find new areas and i still hunt them 8 years later. 

I put a blind one year on public directly under a lock on that had to be 35 ft in air.  Never saw it.  Came to hunt it. It was late December.  Note on the blind saying hey buddy look up. With his phone number. I still talk to the guy to this day and sometimes I go in there after he’s done for the season.  So it can work out. 

1 minute ago, Buckeyes11 said:

I put a blind one year on public directly under a lock on that had to be 35 ft in air.  Never saw it.  Came to hunt it. It was late December.  Note on the blind saying hey buddy look up. With his phone number. I still talk to the guy to this day and sometimes I go in there after he’s done for the season.  So it can work out. 

It happens in the pheasant fields where it's every man for him self mentality.  Work together and both hunters or group of hunters can enjoy..

26 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It happens in the pheasant fields where it's every man for him self mentality.  Work together and both hunters or group of hunters can enjoy..

Interesting you say this. This morning went to a pheasant field. As it ended up, there were 9 guys with no dogs in the main parking lot at the end of the field at shooting time (we all didn't know each other - but we all cooperated to form the line and pushed the field in a coordinated, safe effort). On the other end of the field - 2 guys with 1 dog. Those 2, for some reason, started the hunt on the far end by themselves as the 9 other guys in the big group started the march towards them at the other side. The 2 ended up melding with the main group as we approached, but then split up again when we turned around and went back across the field and ended up in front of the main group again. I'm thinking to myself, "What are you doing? That is NOT safe!". I don't get it. I realize you want to hunt by yourselves, but there are 9 other guys here hunting this field - safety first is my opinion. Just join in rather than be in front of the main group right at the end of the field of fire.

The main group had a good time. Few of us got our limit quickly. I don't know how those 2 with the dog made out.

Moral of the story - work together to have a good time. Most are good guys and just want to enjoy themselves without drama.

8 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

No teason for apology. It is all good. I reread what I wrote and saw how it could be taken the way you took it. I just got to the woods and a guy I met a couple weeks ago hunting from a saddle is in the piece of woods I was headed to. So I simply diverted so I do not mess with his hunt.  I have a ladder stand but it is not my spot. I use them for the ease of getting in and out. It would certainly be very noisey and a chore lugging my climber in places like these. Good luck the rest of deer season.

Sounds like you go about it the right way, it's the guys with the "it's MY spot" attitude that I have a problem with. Good luck hunting, stay safe