IGNORED

Pheasant Shortage

Brooke

Is anyone else having trouble finding birds in the black river WMA or any other ones? I’ve gone out each stock day so far and put in the work but only seen 5 birds and maybe 10-15 have gotten taken. The numbers fish and game put out don’t seem to be adding up. A lot of the guys keep saying they can’t find birds either and have been going home empty handed like myself.

I had a friend who saw 10-12 birds together at entrance of wma the other day. I saw a hen yesterday which made its way pretty far from the stocked area.  Some years when I hunted pheasant I always seemed to be away from all the action and other years every bird in the wma tried to fly by me. Just enjoy your time in the field because that is what it is really about. 

Lots of birds. The yotes and fox are getting them at night. I saw then stock 11 birds in one spot. Each one dropped at edge of a field. In the morning only 3 birds found and my dogs a machine. Went  to another field and found birds everywhere turned inside out. State should stock morning of like PA. Mortality rate is 50% by predation within 1-2 days. They make it past that they get smart. I’ve killed birds at Flatbrook in Late February