IGNORED

11/11 Check In

TroutandBucks

During my AM sit I had two does come racing in and hide in a thick patch off to my right.

In a different spot in  the evening, as I was about to lower everything down, I had a doe come bolding down the mountain with a wide body after her and just 4 minutes of legal shooting time left. I figured they'd run past me but she peeled off into a blowdown with thick roses. He turned broadside at 30 yards and stayed put. I looked at him through the crossbow scope and I couldn't make out the reticles against his dark background. I couldn't see his antlers clearly either. Can't tell you how many points, except that it was at least 8. I could tell that they were real wide, like his body. I let him walk and he still hung around for 5 minutes, snorting.  I was kinda bummed, for a little while. No deer. Then I remembered that I'd put my climber in that tree because we had a rare east wind in a spot full of deer that you nonetheless can't hunt successfully with a north or south wind. It almost worked. Felt kinda good as I came down. 

Had the day off, but ended up going to Cabelas in DE for some 777 pellets and buckshot.

Ammo aisles were like a Walmart on Black Friday, was insane.

At least I saw some trophy class bucks and treated myself to a pair of Vortex Diamondback HD binos for Veterans Day 😊