IGNORED

Well, after about 30 shots on my Centerpoint Patriot 415 the string breaks as I was shooting it.

Cripple Shot

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Only 30 shots. Strings usually don't just break. If the string fails it's usually at the ends where the loops are served. If it breaks at the center serving where it contacts the nock it's usually loaded wrong. Sorry to say. 

Most crossbow failures are operator error. I had a string failure with my first Crossbow. Loaded it wrong. Arrow fell short of target like yours. Luckily the limbs were not damaged but it wasn't a high speed bow like yours. It was a Horton Vision 175.

This s my first time this ever happened to me. Like you said such a higher speed, I'm feeling like something else may be damaged. The tech from Shooter's will go over it this weekend. Sadly, I just can't drop everything and go. Wish I could.

Anyhow I got a few more pics to show. It shows the left cam still has loop connected but the right is broke. I can spot some serving string. Although, that still may mean nothing. 

Also, I try and look if the nock is seated on the string before firing. ADDED: Although, it still may have been on fault. I would hope not though. Nock is always check to make sure it's 90 degrees.

DSCN2147.JPG

DSCN2149.JPG

DSCN2150.JPG

Edited by Cripple Shot

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Not to change the direction of the topic,   .  .  .  .     ok this will in fact change the direction of the topic.   I’m sorry.   

What weight bolts and heads were you shooting?   I like shooting tree trunks with really heavy heads.  The energy goes into the bolt instead of beating the crap out of the bow.   

I have to think about this one:loco:

My buddy just had same thing happen with his brand new Centerpoint.  They wouldn't replace the string under warrantee.

Someone posted a long time ago that it's best to not chase too much speed when buying a xbow.  The faster the speed, the more tempermental the xbow.

12 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

My buddy just had same thing happen with his brand new Centerpoint.  They wouldn't replace the string under warrantee.

That's what they told me too. If anything else is wrong it's under warrantee. Was scratching my head.

4 minutes ago, BHC said:

Centerpoint CS is excellent they will take care of you.

Archer36 has a point, I'm wondering if when you put it together it was done correctly.....the bolts are fine for it

That's why I signed up on CN. I just wanted to see if the front limb ensemble was connected right to the stock the first time. To me it the serving string had to much of an arc when i laid across the rail. So it was taken off and realigned.

2 minutes ago, beaverman said:

What are you using to cock the crossbow?  That string is cut through except for a strand or 2, either the cocking sled is cutting into the string or you may have a sharp edge someplace that the string makes contact with.

We checked to cocking thread just for that. The only other place would have to be where the trigger mechanism picks up the string. Hard to tell that from a non tech eye I'd assume.

13 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

Vinny fixed my xbow last year while I waited.  If they have your parts, let me know if you need a ride to Cheyenne Mountain to get it fixed.  I'll pick you up. 

I cannot thank you enough. I'm all scheduled for this weekend.

3 hours ago, gregtpal said:

Someone posted a long time ago that it's best to not chase too much speed when buying a xbow.  The faster the speed, the more tempermental the xbow

Not true unless you are using light weight bolts to achieve speed. 
Also if you want fast and longevity, a quality xbow that is a bit more $$$ will get you there. 

AWM

19 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Not true unless you are using light weight bolts to achieve speed. 
Also if you want fast and longevity, a quality xbow that is a bit more $$$ will get you there. 

My experience. I just wanted a crossbow. It's probably 8 years ago. I asked the question njh what do you think about the striker 380? Guys chimed in gave me a thumbs down. I didn't listen I bought one anyway it was a deal factory reconditioned from wyvern creations. Well first shot the bow blew up the factory arrow that came with it busted in half. David's great he gave me the options replace it or total refund with no shipping cost I took the refund. Ended up buying the same bow from a member on njh it was a newer model they improved the limbs and they lengthened the bowstring by half inch. Last entry into the log book 150 shots only replaced the server. Still scared the s*** out of me when I Lock and load. Like Big Daddy Don garlits front engine in your face and differential under your ass.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt