IGNORED

Getting Warmer

Greybeard

It was brutal out today I had the kids out shooting getting ready for the hunting test. 4 hours and I am beat.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

3 hour walk around the back side of the river because it was too high to cross to get my camera.  I was soaked when I got back, so I should have just crossed the river and gotten half soaked.  The card had corrupted so I only got a few pics of a doe.  The rest of nearly 400 were no good for nothing.  Henri got inside the camera.   

3 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

3 hour walk around the back side of the river because it was too high to cross to get my camera.  I was soaked when I got back, so I should have just crossed the river and gotten half soaked.  The card had corrupted so I only got a few pics of a doe.  The rest of nearly 400 were no good for nothing.  Henri got inside the camera.   

That sucks but beats sitting at home. I am heading out tomorrow to check cams I set in March and put a few more out. I will see how committed I am when that temp starts rising.

It is still the summer yet we find a reason to complain.

My goal every year is meat in freezer by October, buck hunt till I'm board usually 2nd week of November. 

Then knock down a big doe and call it quits.

Nothing beats killing a deer at 80° no fat no fur and better tasting

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

I killed my best buck ever November last year. Sitting in ground blind wearing a collared shirt and jeans. I was meeting my wife and friends for dinner 20 minutes from where I was hunting. It was 76 degrees that evening. I’ll never forget it. I had the deer on cam the night before. I was sweating like a pig. I found first blood but had to back out so my wife wouldn’t kill me. I got to dinner , had blood on my pants and looked like a train wreck. My wife being the awesome wife she is still went with me after dinner to help trail, gut and drag deer out of the woods.

8 minutes ago, Recurve hntr said:

I killed my best buck ever November last year. Sitting in ground blind wearing a collared shirt and jeans. I was meeting my wife and friends for dinner 20 minutes from where I was hunting. It was 76 degrees that evening. I’ll never forget it. I had the deer on cam the night before. I was sweating like a pig. I found first blood but had to back out so my wife wouldn’t kill me. I got to dinner , had blood on my pants and looked like a train wreck. My wife being the awesome wife she is still went with me after dinner to help trail, gut and drag deer out of the woods.

keeper. my wife would do the same!

23 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Killing a 70# fawn in January when it's zero.  No spoilage and tender as can be.

You need a fridge, it can be 100° and I get no spoilage and still hang weeks before cutting.

And yet shoot nothing under 1.5 years old, everyone 85lbs hanging.

No fat or fur to deal with,

Each is own

IMG_20200915_163136.jpg

21 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

a january button buck would weigh 70# in my area.   Fact

Hanging or hoof zone 007 60 at best 3rd rut lucky to get 40lbs no guts

12 hours ago, deadonshot2 said:

That sucks but beats sitting at home. I am heading out tomorrow to check cams I set in March and put a few more out. I will see how committed I am when that temp starts rising.

Better you than I.Good luck.Pack lots of Gatorade.Post finding's.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt