IGNORED

Deer and COVID-19

Lunatic

I wonder if this will lead to any regulation for us hunters

https://nypost.com/2021/08/04/covid-antibodies-in-up-to-40-of-us-deer-population/

COVID antibodies found in up to 40% of US deer population, study finds

There’s new evidence that wildlife are a potential breeding ground for COVID-19, where it could continue to evolve despite control efforts in humans.

Already in the works . 
NJDFG is making it mandatory to only harvest bucks over 4 years old . 
so they don’t become wanton waste due to improper bag limit guidelines .

younger deer have been found to be more resilient . 

For those wanting to promote stability in the herd they are offering hunters to supply a dart gun capable of vaccinating the deer in a single dose dart . 
allowing a new form of catch and release hunting . 

the darts will also have a paint ball attached so deer already vaccinated are not  shot  repeatedly . 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

23 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Already in the works . 

For those wanting to promote stability in the herd they are offering hunters to supply a dart gun capable of vaccinating the deer in a single dose dart . 

the darts will also have a paint ball attached so deer already vaccinated are not  shot  repeatedly . 

New contract has been granted to White Buffalo this week to do the darting. Contract for $30 million. Governor is going to announce that all public lands will be closed to deer hunting this fall due to "safety concerns" that COVID will spread to hunters.

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

New contract has been granted to White Buffalo this week to do the darting. Contract for $30 million. Governor is going to announce that all public lands will be closed to deer hunting this fall due to "safety concerns" that COVID will spread to hunters.

It maybe be funny but I would not be surprised if smurfy tried to use this golden opportunity 

I already got my dart gun just waiting for vaccine and permit applications to open. I wonder what they will charge us for these permits.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I'd be interested in the statistics and percentages for the deers if available  like there are in the thread regarding the Info for Vaccinated People which I found to be extremely stimulating and informative ! 

Asking for a friend who when necessary identifies as being vaccinated  !  :happywave:

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

14 minutes ago, RPK0620 said:

I'd be interested in the statistics and percentages for the deers if available  like there are in the thread regarding the Info for Vaccinated People which I found to be extremely stimulating and informative ! 

Asking for a friend who when necessary identifies as being vaccinated  !  :happywave:

There is 35% probability of  contracting the virus from white tail deer if engaging in baiting. The number goes down to 0% if baiting with rhubarb pies 

21 minutes ago, OldMenRule said:

Say for 9/11/01 I'm hard pressed to find a single event in the countries recent history so overtly used as a grab for power than Covid has been. It's been a progressives dream come true and there is no liberty to be preserved in the quest for our health and wellbeing.  

Yes, they found a perfect vehicle. 

Murphy announced a new mandatory vaccination program for deer that will be funded by the state.  In addition to that program, he will also be sterilizing deer that arrive at vaccination locations.

I think he is fishing for votes....

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

There is 35% probability of  contracting the virus from white tail deer if engaging in baiting. The number goes down to 0% if baiting with rhubarb pies 

lol but the pies is an attempt to keep the beers away from the bait

5 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

Already in the works . 

Now that sounds like something only some dem from california could come up with.  I could hear guys on here now. I vacvinated him right in the boiler room but my paintball must have hit a branch. Lol