IGNORED

Ravens blistering 500 FPS xbow

hammer4reel

4 hours ago, Lunatic said:

With my R26, uncocked at 9.5", I can shoot 360 degree from almost any tree. Its a game changer IMO. 

I agree. I have a KI 365. Upgrading because it’s big. Def want something narrow for use in a treestand. Thinking of the wicked ridge NXT 400

Held a raven last year that was similar in length.  Didn't bother to look at what model it was since I couldn't decide to hold it like a pistol or try to shoulder it.  Was like taking the stock off a gun and trying to get comfortable with it on the shoulder.  Walked out with the TP vapor 470 R .  I wouldn't want an electric crank, even if there was a manual override.  They've gotten to the point now where they are adding bells and whistles and a few more fps to stay on top of the competition.

Just now, _X7 said:

Once again...why? The price itself is ludicrous in my mind. Where does it end with some of this stuff?

Crossbows are not different than anything else. You buy what you like or can afford. If you told me 30 years ago guys would be buying $80k 3/4 ton pick ups I would think you were nuts. Yet they sell like hot cakes and most guys who have it don’t use it fir work and trucks never leave paved road. However, I have no problem with any of it. I buy what I like and what you see with Ravin only leads to cheaper and better technology with time

I think it's cool that they can produce something more compact and faster. I see it no different from how compounds have evolved. My first bow was a bear whitetail 2 I got in the mid 1980s and am now shooting a Mathews vxr ...they are worlds apart in performance, technology and price... technology changes

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 hour ago, _X7 said:

Once again...why? The price itself is ludicrous in my mind. Where does it end with some of this stuff?

Biden's inflation, that's why.

This thread was too polite and needed to go political.  Hoping Archer and deadshot chime in.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

9 hours ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I am searching for a new crossbow for this fall.  This one is on my radar, not sure if the wallet could withstand the crushing cost though.  I would not get the one with the electronic crank.  That's just too posh for me.  That might be more @hammer4reel's speed.

A little trivia...where does the term "posh" come from....

I am searching for a new crossbow for this fall.  This one is on my radar, not sure if the wallet could withstand the crushing cost though.  I would not get the one with the electronic crank.  That's just too posh for me.  That might be more @hammer4reel's speed.

A little trivia...where does the term "posh" come from....

Screenshot_20210516-221815_Chrome.jpg

A little trivia...where does the term "posh" come from....PORT OUTWARD, STARBOARD HOME...warmth of sun on way out and on way home.

Just now, nmc02 said:

A little trivia...where does the term "posh" come from....PORT OUTWARD, STARBOARD HOME...warmth of sun on way out and on way home.

Hence why it's more @hammer4reel's speed.

And did you really need to quote me THAT much to get the point across?  First time using the Internet?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

13 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Crossbows are not different than anything else. You buy what you like or can afford. If you told me 30 years ago guys would be buying $80k 3/4 ton pick ups I would think you were nuts. Yet they sell like hot cakes and most guys who have it don’t use it fir work and trucks never leave paved road. However, I have no problem with any of it. I buy what I like and what you see with Ravin only leads to cheaper and better technology with time

$80,000  pick ups are ludicrous as well, but whatever makes you happy I'm okay with. Its your money.

3 minutes ago, _X7 said:

$80,000  pick ups are ludicrous as well, but whatever makes you happy I'm okay with. Its your money.

Im Not spending $80k on any car but I have no problem they exist. There are many choices in cars, trucks and crossbows. New and expensive technology wanted by the consumer leads to competition between manufacturers and eventually this leads to lower prices and superior product. 

There are a lot of people that have plenty excess money that will jump on faster, bigger and better I will continue with my Parker Tornado that has taken a lot of deer over the years . I would not consider a new bow unless this one fails mechanically

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL