IGNORED

On Public-- New Trail Cameras With Antennas.

Fred Flintstone

I have been doing some Turkey Scouting in the past 2 weeks in both NY + NJ.

Now often in September,  I  will see Trail Cameras everywhere  on Public. They really do " stick out" to the trained eye.

But this is my 1st Spring in seeing Brand New Trail Cameras on Trees with less then 1 Month before the Spring Season starts.

Changing times, I  guess.  

Now, I  don't  know squat about Trail Cameras. I asked a friend  about " that Antenna " and was told that anything in front of that Camera and the person's  Cell Phone gets a notification. 

So, I  gave a nice Wave and my best Hollywood  Smile. 

Now a few of these Trail Cameras  are in some of my better Public Spots.

I almost get the feeling that the owners of these Trail Cameras in a Subtle  way are saying-- " My Area- Don't  Bugger it up and Stay The Hell Out!- LOL.

First come -- First Served though on Public as everyone  knows.

Now no complaints.  This Thread is Half Serious and Half Funny. I have taken Turkeys in 2 of these areas with the Trail Cameras  and plan to keep using these areas.

How much do these Antenna  Trail Cameras cost ?  I was also told that if you are in front of the camera for a Prolonged Period- instead of Pictures- a running video is possible. 

If so-- then someone is saying- There is that Burly Old Dude again Tramping around in my area.

Hope you all enjoyed this Light Hearted Thread. Luck this Spring to you!

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

I really can't believe someone hasn't stolen that thing

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

22 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Right! I don't  use Trail Cameras myself - but someone who does might take that.

I still like- Boots on the ground for my info.

Trail cams are indispensable in my opinion.  Ill use around 10 throughout the season on public. Ive got files of deer for each year. Typically each year 1 or 2 are stolen. 

I've got a handful of cell cams on public for turkey, I keep mine in a lockbox since everyone is not as courteous as you. I have them both in NJ and my NY property 4 hours away.  With very little time due to work and a new baby the scouting, or at least reassurance that my scouting was good, is extremely valuable to me. 

The Tactacams Reveals I use are $99 up front and you pay monthly for the number of photos you'd like to send. You get a low quality thumbnail sent to your phone and the high quality pictures are stores on your card like normal. 

3.jpg

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

I only hunt public land.  When I have my cameras out, I am in no way claiming the spot.  I am simply doing a little recon.  The same goes for the stands I have hanging.  Yes, I hunt there. But if you are there before me, have at it.  Just stay out of my stands.  I do not guarantee their safety.  Please take into account that I am not a very good hunter.  I suck at scouting, I can't sit still, and I smell bad.   So, if you find anything of mine in the woods, your best bet would be to sit about 100 yards away from me.  THAT's where you will find the deer. :D

Also, If I'm not in a hurry, I like to do a little modeling for the cameras that I  find in the woods.  I'll find myself on YouTube one of these days, if not on NJWW. :D

Edited by barrike